This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Stone Crusher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomas Mendizabal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Stone Crusher
    Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 4:53pm
Hi there.  I am an archaeologist working for the Panama Canal Expansion Project, and we have just found the remains of a huge stone crusher complex with the Allis-Chalmers branding all over.  We think it was built during 1939-1942, when the American government decided to widen the Panama Canal, because the machinery is sited right next to one of the ditches they dug.

I was wondering if there was possible access the Allis-Chalmers archives to see if the architectural or engineering plans or blueprints for this site still exist.  We want to document it as thoroughly as we can, before the Canal expansion goes ahead.

Thanks so much for any help you could give me.  My emails are
tomas_mendizabal@yahoo.com
or 
tomas.mendizabal@gmail.com
Sponsored Links

j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 5:08pm
tom,go to books a million or b.dalton book store and pick up a copy of ALLIS CHALMERS STORY WRITTEN BY C.H.WENDEL it has a section on the stone cruchers.i deal with the farm tractors being as i grew up with them
Abraham View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:17pm
hi, my name is abraham and i work for the panamanian goverment ( streets area ) we called M.O.P., we have a old (1971) jaw stone crusher its work but we need some part, if you have an mail or address of a parts sellers we apprecuate too much.
thanks for your help my mail is agonzalez@hotmail.com
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 6:38am
http://www.rockanddirt.com/
Seen your post on AC site, you might try the above link to find some parts or service.
AC construction was sold in parts, with no one company picking up all the divisions.
Cedar Rapids ..might have bought the crushing division.
Little internet search might find more information.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dave Phelps View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Phelps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 12:15pm
Hi Tom,

I am working on the canal expansion program also. I am a crushing expert and worked for Allis-Chalmers from 1974 - 1988, for the crushing and screening division. I did have some old manuals and parts books, not sure what I may still have but I'll look and see.
My email is

davidphelps@shaw.ca

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 5:43pm
there was a AC crusher on an auction coming up, but don't remember where...thinking it was a purple wave auction
Neale Baigent View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neale Baigent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 11:45pm
Allis Mineral Systems was aquired by Svedala. Svedala merged with Nordberg in 2001 to become Metso Minerals. Although some of the crusher products were diversted to satisfy anti competition requirements the Allis Chalmers Primary Gyratory crushers remain with Metso. These machines form the basis of the Metso large gyratory crusher offering to this day.
Karin View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 11:54am
hi im looking for a 36-55 Allis Charlmer cone crusher manual. Mine went missing and i need one very urgently.

karinpieters@vodamail.co.za

South Africa.

LDM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 2:20pm
Hello Everyone,

Here is an interesting article on the original Blake Jaw Crusher I fished out of an old Allis Chalmers Machinery Booklet.  It shows a video of what appears to be a late 1800th jaw crusher is operable.

Since Fred C Bond https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Chester_Bond worked for Allis for almost 35 yrs, Allis has some pretty great technicals.
cbrewer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbrewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 2:38pm
Allis Chalmers is now owened by a global company called Metso Minerals. I would try to contact your local Metso dealer. They can likely be found on any continent. My office is an authorized Metso dealer and we had Allis parts but can only sell in our territory. Hope that helps.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 8:38am
also contact any rock quarry's you can find, there are still some AC crushers being used today! and others may have one just sitting somewhere on the property after being replaced by another.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic