This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Road Grader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seedub930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Road Grader
    Posted: 30 May 2015 at 5:05pm
I have a Allis Chalmers road grader, serial number 145-242. I believe it was manufactured from 1952-1955. It is a 4 cylinder diesel. The fuel pump needs rebuilt and I am unable to find parts for it. Any thoughts on where to find parts and/or another fuel pump.
Sponsored Links

ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 5:15pm
Send Ed a PM on this site he runs a pump shop. He could help you out.
      IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 5:16pm
He goes by injpumpEd. Forgot to say that.
    IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:09pm
Capital Injection in Holt Summit, Mo will fix it

seedub930 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seedub930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:35pm
Thanks ILGleaner. I will do that. JoeO... I sent the pump to Capital City Diesel in Holts Summit, they work on all my diesel pump issues. They said the pump is obsolete and parts are no longer available.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 2:38am
As a runner of the bigger brother (AC Forty Five) I'll be interested in what you find.

TIA
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 6:55am
the 145 should have a 344 motor and maybe I could help for the injection pump
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 7:58am
Originally posted by seedub930 seedub930 wrote:

Thanks ILGleaner. I will do that. JoeO... I sent the pump to Capital City Diesel in Holts Summit, they work on all my diesel pump issues. They said the pump is obsolete and parts are no longer available.

Bummer!!

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 4:10pm
seedub930

Earlier on this site I posted an enquiry on a place that advertises heads etc for American Bosch pumps including PSB's but got no feedback.

Topic: AMBAC PSB Injection pumps
    Posted: 25 May 2015 at 2:16am

I haven't done any more exploring as yet but you might be interested to try.

Edited by Ian Beale - 31 May 2015 at 4:12pm
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 8:08pm

Has been talk of rebuild and parts possibilities for the PSB`s on the wheeled tractor engines (Buda 230 and AC 262) over on farm equipment, but no glimmers of hope discussed for the PSB`s on construction equipment engines

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 4:06pm
I have a rebuilt AMERICAN BOSCH fuel injection pump PSB 4A 90EH4081--4348761
and a used one PSB 4A 100EH5307 B1--4338334
Sappypappy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sappypappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 5:15pm
HI, I own a Model D motor grader and I have 2 issues. Antifreeze is in my oil and I am not sure how it got in.  2nd I have heard that the WD-45 carburetor is a nice one to switch to.  Please let me know what the oil and the carb options are, thanks.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 9:04pm
pappy, the most common points for Allis gas engines to leak antifreeze into the oil are thru freeze plugs in the head ( under the rocker arm), or around the wet cylinder sleeves with O-rings into the block.... Best advice is to take off the valve cover and look at the plugs under the rocker arm for pin holes or evidence of antifreeze..... If you see nothing, then pull the  oil drain plug and let the oil all out. Fill radiator and it may drip into the pan and out the drain hole... If you see that, then take the oil pan off and inspect closer.. If it is the liner O-rings, you can replace or use a block sealer to plug the leak. I have had good luck with BARS COPPER gasket sealer... I think it is #1109.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 9:06pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic