This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers portable composter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers portable composter
    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:02pm
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this, so admin if you need to move it to the correct area please do so. I have an Allis Chalmers portable composter that was my great grandfathers and know very little about it.  I was looking to see of it has any value or if there is a collector out there that could give me some info as to the collectabillity of the unit.  I am pretty sure it is powered by a 5hp Briggs and Stratton engine. If I could venture a time period it would have to be late 1960's to early 1970's. 
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 11:15pm
Have any pictures
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 5:47am
dose it look like this

MODEL 9-P SPECS
width 22" - length 52"
height 35" - wt. 165 lb.
314H_ac-9.jpg (35562 bytes)

MODEL 9-AC SPECS
width 22" - length 30"
height 29" - wt. 115 lb

"MIGHTY MAC"
COMPOST SHREDDER GRINDER

B:-)         Dnoym

Orange B View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 6:13pm
Hi, here are  a couple of pictures . 
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 10:59pm
Made by Gilson for AC in the early '70s. They aren't very common and are desirable. I could see one of these going for a probably few hundred bucks pretty easily. Maybe a little more. 

Edited by ACmowerguy - 26 Apr 2020 at 11:00pm
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Orange B View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 6:35pm
Hi, just to update the post unit has been sold . 
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 6:44pm
Chris I seem to think we have one that hangs off the back of garden tractor. Didn't really know what is was.

Edited by Mikez - 27 Apr 2020 at 6:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic