This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Playground underwater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Playground underwater
    Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 2:55pm
Those of you who follow these posts have heard me refer to our irrigation pond clean out project as the Allis Chalmers Playground. California is having one of the worst droughts in modern history. We had appox. 7" of rain between Friday morning and yesterday. It was predicted and was right on schedule photo P1010004_zps41e7b4b7.jpg
In most normal years this would have happened in November or December and definitely before February photo P1010101_zpscee90c5c.jpg
After the first 2" started the creeks running it took about 8 hours to fill this lake. photo P1010034_zpsb1d6a0c3.jpg
So the concrete spillway dumps into a 4 foot dia concrete pipe for appox.100 feet and then to the next lake. There are a total of 5 different dams and lakes on this drainage. 4 are full now and it started on the last one photo P1010019_zpsecd95f6b.jpg
So the Allis Chalmers collection is parked for the season now. The HD15 that pulls the cable scraper had been moved to the shop to replace the brake band. Some of the other stuff will probably migrate to the shop too. The droughts not over either. photo P1010032_zps3019e600.jpg
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 4:02pm
Wow , glad you got some rain , the ole AC,s done a fine job
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 4:16pm
Had me goin there for a minute. I thought maybe you had left them there............Confused
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 8:02pm
I remember hearing about someone finishing combining corn in a water retention lake that hardly ever has any water in it.  Guy took the truck home in a rain strom and came back the next day for the combine, a JD as I remember, only the top of the cab was showing.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:32am
GLAD YOU ARE GETTING RAIN OUT THERE 
 One year I did a retention pond for local , worked on it for about 30 hours building a berm and digging out lower settling area. About 25' total depth, to top of berm.
 Told guy helping me to be sure to move machine to high ground every night - well one night it rained enough to fill area - and - machine was setting high and dry . pays to be forward looking. 
 About 8 miles from here is a gavel pit for lime-rock , elevation of about 50' below surrounding land, kind of low area of that section. Same rain storm - that pit filled flooding 2 crushers, several conveyors, 4 wheel loaders, 2 generators, 8 tractor - end dump units, 4 tandem dumps, 3 dozers, 1 fuel truck . So drainage from over 640 acres all in the pit.
 Divers had to be hired to stop fuel leaking into water, and pumps worked long time cleaning that mess up.

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic