This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers D14 Distributer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers D14 Distributer
    Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 6:35pm
Replaced the rotor, points, and condensor today. There was another piece that obviously needed to be replaced. Parts Manual says LUBRICATOR, CIRCUIT BREAKER CAM. The number did not work in the search. I need some direction please..
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 7:37pm
is the CAM worn out, or just the FELT PAD ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 8:20pm
The Lubricator is the little round pad holder. If the pad is still there, just add a little cam lube to the pad and the cam and you should be good to go. Some points come with a new pad already attached the the points, so you wouldn't need the lubricator. The pad on the points do the same thing.. HTH
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
AllisD14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:54am
Good Thursday. If we are talking about the same part, I'm a novice here, it is the size of a thimble and major rusty.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:07am
does the THIMBLE have 4 LOBES on it that OPENS the POINT 4 times per revolution ? That would be on the ROTOR and makes the points FIRE  4 times per rev ?
AllisD14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:25am
I have taken a picture but having a difficult time attaching it.
ENC-AC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENC-AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 11:57am
Originally posted by AllisD14 AllisD14 wrote:

I have taken a picture but having a difficult time attaching it.

Here is the picture he is referring to.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:52pm
look at this movie at the 36 minute mark... IS that the part your looking at ?  This may not be the exact distributor you have so might look a little different.. but same purpose.

AllisD14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 1:10pm
I'm sorry, but it is not. This piece I'm looking for was attached just behind the condenser.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 1:20pm
Im at a loss.. I cant tell much from you picture.. The "CAM" is in the center and the point runs on it... BEHIND the condenser is nothing... unless you have a unit that had a vacuum advance on it and part of it is now missing ??

AllisD14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 4:52pm
Thanks for the photo. Very helpful ...... maybe the piece I have removed is something that is broken.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 7:23pm
Like I mentioned, if the new points already have a lubricating pad on them, toss the little thimble you're showing. That holds the original lube pad. If your new points aren't equipped with a lube pad on them already, I have a bunch of those pad holders. I'll send one out to ya N/C. Sometimes they rust real bad like yours and basically they're junk....
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic