This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Blue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 560Dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Blue
    Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:20pm
What is the blues used in the Allis Chalmers decals ? Safety blue ?
I want to stencil my plow beam like the plow in the owners manual.
Sponsored Links

dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by 560Dennis 560Dennis wrote:

What is the blues used in the Allis Chalmers decals ? Safety blue ?
I want to stencil my plow beam like the plow in the owners manual.

I don't find the color code in a brief search.  However I do seem to see more than one shade of blue in some of the decals.  I don't know but that's probably just inaccurate copies/renderings posted online.  The majority of the decals appear something very close to Prussian Blue (or the more "modern" term Midnight Blue).
560Dennis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 560Dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 11:39am
thanks ! Think I go with black on the plows , don’t the factory or dealer took the time to do it. But it’s in the photo of the plow manual ,I’ve copied it as close as I could ,good enough. 
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 1:36pm
This site lists something called Rumely Blue (advance rumely).  It's the only blue listed for AC.  I see some sites selling something called Allis Chalmers Blue, but not clear what it is.

Color Codes - Allis Chalmers Paint Cross-Reference (paintref.com)
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by dfwallis dfwallis wrote:

This site lists something called Rumely Blue (advance rumely).  It's the only blue listed for AC.  I see some sites selling something called Allis Chalmers Blue, but not clear what it is.

Color Codes - Allis Chalmers Paint Cross-Reference (paintref.com)

So, that is Dodge "Equator Blue" and is Dodge code DT8100.  Reading indicates used in multiple instances by AC, but mostly early on.

The PPG/Ditzler code for this color is 10506 and the Dupont codes are 93-71939H, 71939, 93-71939G.

Edited by dfwallis - 24 Nov 2023 at 2:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic