This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers b fuel line help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2011dandd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers b fuel line help
    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:04am
Hi to all again. Thanks for lots of helpful responses to my lat post some time ago.
In light of that im going through a check/clean and replacing fuel lines where needed on my 1947 b

So the previous owner cut the pipe from the small petrol only starting tank and fitted a rubber fuel line instead. He also fitted an in line fuel filter behind the air cleaner before fuel reaches the carb. I removed that because its not needed.

I would like to replace the cut fuel line with new as was.
Was this steel fuel line?
would copper fuel line do the trick?

Lastly does anyone know the thread size at each end?

It’s a bit tricky getting off the shelf parts in England and costs a fortune to get stuff posted to UK from the states so I will make it myself.

Cheers

Dan
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:24am
The gas line was steel. Many have gone to copper tubing, but there have been cases of the copper lines cracking over time from vibration.
 My WC has copper line on it now, I didn't install it and intend to replace it with steel brake line(someday Big smile ).
 I don't know what the original thread was on the gas line, but I believe the carb inlet and the sediment bowl are both NPT threads.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
2011dandd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2011dandd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:55am
Thanks bery much for that instant reply.
I would like to pay some pictures to show you what I’m dealing with as I’m not sure how correct it is. How do I add images?
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
On the quick reply frame at the bottom of the entries, click on the upper right arrow to go to a fancier entry frame and when there click on the picture. Takes an uploaded file, and for best viewing the display size should be 480 pixels high and 640 pixels wide values set with the picture upload panel.

Gerald J.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:18pm
Original line was mild steel, I believe the fittings were 1/8" NPT. I have copper line on my B but on my D15II I converted to marine grade flexible fuel line, easier to work with and does not break down internally like rubber fuel line.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:05am
TO post photos from YOUR COMPUTER, click on the "POST REPLY" button below the last post, on the LEFT side........ then click on the green TREE icon... then download the photo from your computer with search.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic