This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 7000 Maroon body hydraulics problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrayj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 7000 Maroon body hydraulics problem
    Posted: 25 May 2022 at 8:30am
I just bought a 7000 from an auction (site unseen).  The listing indicated that they just replaced the hydraulic pump, but when it got to my house, the three point and remotes are not working.  It goes into all of the gears, powershifts fine, the power steering works, pto works, but the 3 point is stuck in the "Up" position, and I have nothing going to the remotes.  I sent a message to the original owner, but have not yet heard from him.  This is my first 7000, so I'm very green.  Is there something simple I'm missing that may have been done to the tractor in transport.  A shut off valve that was used or a priming issue that developed from the transport?  I checked the hydraulic fluid and it looks new, so it appears that it was changed when the supposed pump rebuild was installed.

Edited by mrayj - 25 May 2022 at 9:02am
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:06am
3-point hitch is gravity down and you'll have to stand on it while someone else holds the lift/lower lever clear forward with the engine OFF. Position control and Traction Boost levers must be clear back (I think) for hitch to lower. Engine has to be throttled up to say 1500 RPM or so for any rear hydraulics to work and that is normal. With the engine OFF, pull rearward on each remote lever. They should "lock" into the raise position. Now, place them clear forward. They should lock into "float". RAISE-HOLD-LOWER-FLOAT are the four positions of the remote levers. If they do not do this, the levers are out of "synch" because cab mounts have flattened out. Easy fix if the levers need to be corrected. Check it out and report back.
mrayj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrayj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 7:24am
Thank you for your help, and your suggestions worked, but my hydraulic pressure just  still seems to be low and inconsistent.  I have to have the RPMs in the green range to get both the 3 point and the remotes to respond, and even then it's slow.  Is it possible that I need to replace the filter?

Edited by mrayj - 26 May 2022 at 10:49am
Play Farmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 11:17am
Check the plunger that the level control and traction booster control - it's the far outer one in the group of valves to the rear of the batteries.

There is a chance that plunger is stuck. Just grab it with a set of pliers and it'll move.

My 7000 did the same when I first bought it. It stuck a few times at first, I'm pretty sure from lack of use. After freeing it up a couple times it hasn't given me any grief since.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 1:22pm
Mrayj, welcome to the AC forum & congrats on your new 7000 Maroon Belly.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 6:22pm
With the 3-point clear DOWN, engine running WIDE OPEN, pulling back fully on the lift/lower lever (front bank/outside lever) the hitch should raise in less than 3 seconds. If it does this, I think you need more engine speed for lifting to be faster.
mrayj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrayj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 2:44pm
The 3 point goes up a little with full throttle, but not all the way, and then it slowly goes back down.  I took the pump apart and replaced all of the seals, and put the pump back on, but the pressure seems to be even worse now.
mrayj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrayj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 2:51pm
I meant that I replaced the gaskets (blue and black curved gaskets), not the seal.  But either way, it didn't work, it actually got worse.  Do I just have a bad pump.  Steering seems fine.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 5:58pm
My post from May 25th........do the levers LOCK into raise with the engine OFF ?????
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:52pm
Ease the back of cab 2" and see if it works better.                 MACK
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:53pm
Raise back of cab
mrayj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrayj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:50am
Dr. Allis - Sorry, yes the levers do lock into raise position with the engine off.  I'm going to confess my ignorance hear.  I'm not a farmer, nor a mechanic, what do you all mean by moving or easting the "cab" back, and what are the "cab mounts" being flattened mean?
mrayj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrayj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:52am
I meant to say "easing" not easting the cab.  I know you can't me the cab of the tractor, so there must be something related to the hydraulic system that is referred to as the "cab"
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:56am
The cab sits on four rubber mounts, the reduce noise. When these tractors get old, the rubber mounts flatten out allowing the cab to settle downwards in height. On your particular model tractor, this changes the hydraulic lever synchronization to the valve spools. So, you say the REMOTE levers lock into the raise position. My post said "lock into raise AND the float position". If the remotes do not lock into both raise and float, they are out of synch. Which lever are you using to raise the three point hitch ????   You should be using the lever that is right next to the Power Shift lever. It too should lock into the raise position.
mrayj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrayj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 9:43am
Sorry, yes they do lock into both raise and float position.  I am using the lever next to the power shift to raise the 3 point.  I looked at the back of the cab and the rubber mounts do look flattened although I only see rubber mounts on the front mounting bolt on each side as I'm looking at it from the back of the tractor.  There seems to be just a steal spacer on the back bolt.  On the side that is in conjunction with the hydraulic controls there is no spacer at all.  I've loosened the nuts on all four bolts.  What is the best procedure for raising the cab, and making sure it is at a proper height?  I will try to get some pics and post them to give you a better idea.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 9:55am

Just stop right there !!!    If your hydraulic levers are all locking into raise and float, there is nothing wrong with the cab !!!!!!!!!  Your problems seem to be pump related.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic