This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 190xt power director mystery.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Eli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 190xt power director mystery.
    Posted: 2 hours 39 minutes ago at 3:48pm
hey everyone had a question on my 190XT

the tractor does not pop out of gear when driven and high and low works but once I shut the engine off it will

sorta roll forward does not matter what gear its in or if high of low is engaged it just will roll a few feet and then

stop. the engine is not spinning I have the foot clutch engaged and I will disengage it and then apply brake shut

off engine then let it out and let off the brakes and it will roll. going down a hill I will pull it to low and it will slow it

down same high also holds back. so I am sorta lost. does the engine need to be running for the tractor clutch to

be engaged? my other XT or my 190 standard never act like this

Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 51 minutes ago at 4:36pm
ALL One-Ninety and One-Ninety XT tractors have a hydraulic applied Power Director clutch. If you park any of them on a steep hill, leave them in ANY gear with the Power Director clutch in LOW or HIGH range, and shut the engine off with your foot off the clutch pedal, in a few seconds that tractor will roll down the hill into the ditch or creek or barn. Whatever is in the way will get run over. If that particular tractor doesn't roll down the hill, you must have badly warped or broken drive discs inside the Power Director clutch, not giving you a true neutral so it can roll down the hill. The BRAKE LOCK is there for a reason.
Allis Eli View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Eli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 38 minutes ago at 4:49pm
okay thanks for the info. it roll even on a tiny incline. all my other ones would roll if you pushed them I just thought it was strange that there is no resistance on this one at all.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 24 minutes ago at 5:03pm
You also CANNOT PULL START any of these tractors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic