This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis CA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2024 at 8:10am
DAng... i thought this was going to be a "motor refresh"..... you got the old girl stripped NAKED !!.... Rebuild from the ground up !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2024 at 7:00pm
Steve, Allis Folks,
Yes I guess we are at that level of this Refurb, Clean and Paint process. I did not do a complete new kit for the engine. Most of the engine components looked pretty good. So maybe saved a few dollars there?? Just a freshened stock HP CA engine. Which means we should see what they were capable of when new. Lots of other tractors in the 2500 -3000 lb classes have mods that may increase horse power? All that spends more money and not sure we would have any more fun?

I worked on the torque tube today:

Hope to get the transmission and rear end cleaned up tomorrow?

I did get the oil ring for piston #1 today. So will try to get that and other components installed. Was able to sand blast some CA parts and get them ready for primer soon.

Regards,
 Chris and Cheryl
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 22 minutes ago at 1:01am
Allis Folks,
 Not too exciting on this end. Scraping, cleaning, stripping paint, Electrolysis tank prep work, Sand blasting, Some welding, Grinding, A little assembly work..... Might shoot some primer in the next few days? Ordered some lifting eye bolts from McMaster Carr. This is way too much work for an old man!:) Perfect to keep me out of trouble!
 Cut the grass for the last time with the Jubilee and cleaned up the JD 272 finish mower.
Weather is supposed to be nice for a couple days. My friend John has been coming up and helping with parts clean up. 
New seals for the final drives should be here tomorrow. Going to try to do those while the rear of the tractor is in pieces. 
Hope things are good in Orange land!
We took the Comet out this morning for breakfast. It is handling much better after front end work and alignment. it is the main reason I did not get much done on the CA this year! We have had a lot of good times with it. No regrets. May replace rear springs this winter.
Regards,
 Chris and Cheryl

Edited by Sugarmaker - 4 hours 20 minutes ago at 1:03am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic