This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis B vs. Farmall Cub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis B vs. Farmall Cub
    Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 11:23am
Pros, cons on each. Just wanting to know what you guys think about them. I'm not a Cub guy but I'm just wondering how they compare to the Allis B.

-Slim
AC 1971 170 WF Gas, AC 185 Diesel WF, AC WD NF, AC '54 WD45 NF, AC 7080, AC 7030, Wheel Horse D-180 Automatic
Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 11:28am
The B is about double the horsepower of a Cub. A Farmall A more comparable to a an A-C B than a Cub.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 11:39am
Not close to each other as far as engine power and what you can pull. When I was a kid the neighbor farmed 40 acres with an Allis Chalmers B. Dad was farming 148 acres with an Allis Chalmers C. Dad bought a larger Coop after two years but the neighbor never bought a larger tractor. In the 1940's farmers didn't spend much time off the farm when milking cows, feeding out hogs and taking care of egg laying chickens.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 12:12pm
don't insult the B like that!---1 B will outpull 2 cubs hooked together! thank;s; ac fleet
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 12:46pm
A cub is junk in my own opinion,  and yes I owned a good one once if you could call any of them good, even they are about the same physical size a b is atleast twice the tractor a cub or even an A is and yes I had an A once too
Slim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 12:52pm
Okay, I realized I goofed here comparing the B to a Cub. I agree the B is a heck of a better tractor than the Cub. I was thinking the Farmall B compared to the Allis B not Cub but anyway.

-Slim
AC 1971 170 WF Gas, AC 185 Diesel WF, AC WD NF, AC '54 WD45 NF, AC 7080, AC 7030, Wheel Horse D-180 Automatic
jwal10 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwal10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 2:47pm
An AC B to a Farmall A. 1 row, wide front.
AC C to a Farmall B. 2 row, narrow front....James
Wdtractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 4:11pm
Iv got both the cubs are good little tractors but unless you going to find the specialized equipment for them there very little you can do with them bc there are to little for most equipment. The b like most have said it twice the hp and can do lot more work there really nothing that can be done with a cub that the b can't do just as well I prefer the cub to cultivate with but the b can do it just as well. And if your going to do any bush hogging u need a b bc a cub just to up to that
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 6:32pm
The Cub has 60 cu. in. The Allis G has 62 cu. in.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 6:38pm
Dusty hit the nail on the head, cub would compare to Allis G
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:03pm
About the only nice thing I can say about a cub is they look pretty all painted up and shiny.  Easy to take to a show and drive in a parade, OK for pulling a small trailer around the yard.  I admit I'm just a bit biased! 
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
T.J.-N.J. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J.-N.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:23pm
I have both the thing that I dislike the most is the Cub's PTO is useless for anything but Cub implements, fortunately I inherited a bunch of things with it that I use.the Cub has much better hydraulics mine fortunately has the fast hitch, I have an aftermarket three point for the Allis but the Cub has live hydrauliƧs if I could only have one and they both had the same equipment I would pick the "B"T.J.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 2:41am
The A/C B has a water pump to circulate coolant . Cub has no water pump and uses gravity to circulate coolant . Enough said
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 5:24am
No comparison.....
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 7:33am
biggest problem with cubs is that folks use them or think they should be able to use them for things they weren't designed for.  they actually are good little machines.  i have an old worn out one with a 5 ft woods belly mower that i've used to mow my lawn with for about 12 years or so and its been virtually trouble free.  for small mowing jobs, cultivating and tending small vegetable plots they are great.  they're not designed for farming.  as t.j. said, the hydraulics are very good and well ahead of anything allis had to offer at the time. 
If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 7:40am
For a garden, I would have a late model cub.

Anything more a B is better
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic