This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis B new main bearing Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman54313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis B new main bearing Question
    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 5:51pm
I finally got some time to mic my newly ground crank and the ID of my new .030 bearings and noticed that all the bearing halves with the exception of the one with the thrust have the word upper stamped on them? Is this right? Should I have other halves stamped lower? I will be contacting the supplier tomorrow. But thought I would but the question out there. I did verify that the part number on the bearing is correct .030 but the stamped "upper has me stumped. I can say the ID of the two "uppers" put together measured 2.1966 top to bottom and my main journal is at 2.219

Greg
Sponsored Links

Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 6:05pm
Just one half going in as in the picture. Once you start to install the crankshaft you will understand.

Edited by Dick L - 19 Jan 2020 at 6:10pm
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 7:10pm
Main difference between the uppers and lowers is the drilled oil hole. Make sure the hole matches the hole in the block and you wont have a problem.
gman54313 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman54313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:37pm
Thank you. I was able to find out the part number is the same for the upper and lower bearing halves except for the main front lower. I just need to get my shims and proceed.

Thanks

Greg
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic