This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis B Marvel Schleber TSX 154 - Jet Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis B Marvel Schleber TSX 154 - Jet Question
    Posted: 28 May 2023 at 10:19am
Hi.

I’m working on a 1948 B with a Marvel Schleber carb. It’s a TSX 154.

- Is there supposed to be a jet below/under the nozzle? There’s a jet in the bottom of the main bowl and the idle jet on the carb top. I’m seeing conflicting info on a jet below the nozzle.
Sponsored Links

John426 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 11:34am
Hi
What are the different Marwall carb on the model C . I have a Marwall TSX152 , what are the differences with the TSX154? and others?

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 12:41pm
https://www.carburetion.com/CarbNumber.asp?Number=TSX-154%20(222091)

look at the  3 TYPES at the bottom of the page.. Is yours FIXED or ADJUSTABLE..

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Axe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:06pm
Mine is fixed. But not like any in the diagram. It’s closest to a Type A. It does not have the Jet labeled as 26. But maybe it’s just missing?

It does have a jet where 27 is, but there is no adjustment.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:25pm
I think you need a jet #26... unless you have an external adjustment #1A needle..

how does it run without jet #26, but has jet #27 , but no needle valve ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 28 May 2023 at 5:30pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Axe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:41pm
Oddly enough it does run. It doesn’t idle though. I got an overhaul kit and took the carb apart to sort out tue idle, that’s when I realized there was no jet “26”.

Edited by Axe - 28 May 2023 at 5:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic