This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albert City GOTO Caravan guys and gals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Albert City GOTO Caravan guys and gals
    Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 5:35am
As you head out on your trip, wish you great weather and no problems.  Wish I was able to join you on the ride as I had a lot of fun back in 2010 from Madison, SD to Albert City.  I see the A C Threshmen's website mentioned they have found pictures of that ride.  Below is a link to some pictures of that ride from years ago. 

There is a .pdf file that has the pictures.

Stay safe and look forward to seeing you at the show on Friday.

snowman (MI)

Edited by snowman(MI) - 09 Aug 2023 at 5:37am
1950 WD, 1966 D-10 III, 1961 D-10 II, 1966 D-15 II Gas, A-C Minibike, 917 Hydro Mower, 917 Hydro Blower w/cab, West Michigan "Allis Express"
Sponsored Links

GeneD14 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 1:13pm
Thanks for posting those AC Caravan pictures!

It was great to see Mike Shilling in his element!Big smile
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 8:01pm
Thank you so much, a lot of memories in those photos, trying to remember who all was on that ride in 2010.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 7:14am
Thanks so much for sharing this great photo overview of that caravan. The little B208 that my then 10 year old son, Treyson purchased from you in Albert City provided lots of fun for him & his buddies! I’m reminded of what Dad said after we did our first A-C caravan, Oakes ND to Portage La Prairie MB Canada, “You go the first time for the tractors and after that you go for the friendships!”. Such great memories & I wish we were able to be there with you guys for “Albert City ll”. Be safe and Godspeed. Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
snowman(MI) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 9:19am
Jim and Kip
So true about the friendships.  Kip, your son had his eye on that little Allis Chalmers from the moment seen it on our trailer.  There is a great group people in this Allis Chalmers community.  Particularly when you get to know them on a caravan.

Heading out soon for Albert City, will be there for the show Friday.

snowman(MI)
1950 WD, 1966 D-10 III, 1961 D-10 II, 1966 D-15 II Gas, A-C Minibike, 917 Hydro Mower, 917 Hydro Blower w/cab, West Michigan "Allis Express"
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 12:07pm
Are you just there for Friday?  We won't be there until Saturday.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 7:37pm
Wicked Way Cool!!! Thank you for the pictures.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 8:10am
Was only at the show for Friday.  Impressive show and grounds.  Hats off to the club members for all the work that goes into putting on a show of that caliber.  The A-C WD45s' display surpassed the the goal of wanting 70 of them for the 70th anniversary.  Charlie mentioned at the banquet Friday night that the count was pushing 90 of them.
dd farms View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dd farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 6:51pm
Thanks Snowman for the pictures.  We have such great and wonderful memories of that caravan.  We met such fantastic people along the way.  Our group of tractors drivers and support crew members were given the "royal" treatment at every stop.  It was hard to say good bye to everyone at the end of the show.  Our family made some lasting friendships that we are forever grateful for and thank the Lord for meeting each and everyone of the people on that caravan.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 8:23pm
That earlier caravan in 2010 was the motivation to make the trip back to Iowa and the GOTO to hopefully see those caravan participants.  I had my old caravan tee shirt on walking thru the sea of A-C tractors and one guy tugged on the back of that shirt that he was wearing one as well.  I know that some of those tractor drivers of 2010 have passed, but what a wonderful group to have spent that time on the road with back then.  The people associated with that ride and the club members putting that show on are truly welcoming to strangers.  You come away feeling like family.
daveingreenbay View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveingreenbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 8:01pm
Thanks for letting me join the caravan in Manitowoc, It was a great ride with some great people.  Special thanks to Lon Snow for his expert leadership and organizing effort.  My 54 WD45 performed flawlessly.  It is eched im my memory forever,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic