This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air fryers ? Anyone have one ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air fryers ? Anyone have one ?
    Posted: 28 May 2022 at 7:06pm
Anyone have the new fangled air fryers ? Which model and do you like it ? Id like to get one for french fries- as i eat a ton of those ! 

Edited by DougG - 28 May 2022 at 8:02pm
Sponsored Links

TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 7:54pm
We don't have one but we have some friends that do, and their teenage boy says he's never had better french fries
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:24pm
I have one... don't do fries, but my latest is asparagus. delicious... so I would think the french fries thing would be similar ... peace
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:32pm
We have the Cosori. My wife likes it, I don’t care for it.
To me, it’s a pain to find the correct setting, temp, program, etc.
And, a lot of the time you have to cook in ‘batches’ instead of having all of the recipe in the conventional oven.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 7:22am
I have one and used it a bunch. PITA to clean up. Don't remember what brand.
Wife decided she doesn't like it anymore so I guess I don't either.
I like a crockpot and a dutch oven better.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 7:58am
Crockpot French fries suck though
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 8:03am
Agree
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 8:21am
Wife bought one and another thing like a somewhat pressure cooker, Damn machines set in the way on the counter as she will not put somewhere out of sight.  Have not cared for any of the meals made in either, does OK as to speed but flavors from them are lacking.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 8:47am
Crock pot french fries??? Don't they call that potato soup?
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 8:55am
Try slicing up sweet potato into French fry strings & air-frye them into sweet potato fries. Works just as well in oven on broil too.
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 10:25am
We have the Ninja Air Fryer XL grill. Crinkle cut fries in it are pretty good, but regular fries are excellent. For just the two of us, I really like it. The outside only gets warm to the touch, and it is easy to clean.
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 7:47am

I have one and use it almost every day. Tater tots, fries, pork steak, asparagus, chicken breast.

Gary (sw Wis.) View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary (sw Wis.) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 8:51am
We have a Presto, use it all the time. I'm a big fan.
190XT - D17 - D14 - WD45 w/loader - WD - (2)B110 - 616H - 610 - B-208 - WD with 190 Mounted Corn Picker - All Crop 60
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 12:20pm
Just reheated some wings we had left over from yesterday"s dinning out. Four minutes in the Air Fryer, and they tasted like the waitress had just set them in front of me.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 2:53pm
Best crunchy buffalo wings ever
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:51pm
Bought the littlest/cheapest I could find, it's just me so meals are small. I like it for doing frozen ready to cook things. It's kinda like having your first microwave, takes a while to get used to. To save space I put it on top of microwave, it's on a roller cart. Like microwave it came with a little cookbook, that has answered most questions on time n temp rather than guessing. I don't like cooking things that take more than 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure how long since I've used a conventional oven except to cook small turkey on T-day or Xmas. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 1:25am
ours is a "nuwave" brand. had it for a couple years now. it works good for lots of things, it doesn't make things rubbery like a microwave does. most items even froze solid takes only 10-15 mins to cook. just remember to pull the machine out away from the back of the counter before using it. there is alot of really HOT air that comes out the back of them, and they have started some kitchens on fire from that. mostly takes the place of an oven taking less time and prolly electric to cook anything. we do like ours for re-heating things up. steak fries come out great from frozen to ready to eat in about 9-11 mins.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic