This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ahhh, spring!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahhh, spring!
    Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:57pm
"Dad, can I drive the B?"

Yes, we need to get the wagon home.

Yes, we need to get the last load of logs home.

Yes, we need to get the flail chopper out so we can get it ready to clear last years corn off the food plot.

And of course, the dog is in heaven, fresh manure spread yesterday, mud everywhere, lots of poop to roll in, and dead things, and things that pooped just before they died, deer bones to find, hes always busy.

Got all our tractor work done, time to give them the yearly once over.

Took the chains and farm crane off the WD. Top off all fluids, grease, tire pressures, oil and filter, air cleaner cup, etc. Just set the valves on the WC, the B, and the WD within the last six months. Should be good to go for farming and wood hauling.

Ran up in the woods to pull down one hung up dead elm for grandpa Marvin.

We are so busy with spring sports, finishing up school, getting out the camper, days like this are rare, so we gotta pack in as much tractoring as possible.

Edited by littlemarv - 13 May 2018 at 10:01pm
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:10pm
great pics! and looks like a great little helper! uh....what is that green I saw in a couple pics? certainly it wasn't the sons' fault? I thinks he has more sense!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:15pm
that's a pretty good looking log carrier you gots!
littlemarv View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:19pm
Yes, the lawn tractor is an "L" series, I  replaced the transaxle and rebuilt the engine due to a thrown rod already.

The gator has been good so far, my dad uses it every day. Checked out an exhaust leak today, manifold studs are snapped, not sure if I'm going to tackle that one, or take it to the dealer. I'm assuming it is mild steel studs in an aluminum head, could be a bugger to get out.
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:21pm
what can I say? lol (poke,poke)
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:07pm
All I want to know is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that's kind of a strange place to take a nap ain't it?  Aren't you afraid of wakin up and hitting your head on the snap coupler?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic