This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Agco 7600 acts like running out of fuel??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Agco 7600 acts like running out of fuel??
    Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 8:14pm
I have a agco 7600 2 wheel drive tractor.
While brush hogging it runs great for 30-45 minutes, then when I’m heading up slight grade tractor loses power, I can push the clutch in kick off pro and power will slowly come back enough to pull the hill. I have changed fuel filter blown air back into tank thinking something may be restricting my tank pick up. Any suggestions
Thanks for any advice
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 8:58pm
Try leaving the fuel tank cap loose and see if that helps.
rudyk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 9:10pm
I will try that tomorrow
Thank you
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 9:38pm

That length of time is likely the fuel cap.

However, if that vacuum relief doesn't fix the problem then check for fuel flow at the carburetor, assuming it's gas. Diesel could be the pump.

I had to dismantle my 58 Ferguson 35 carb today since it sat in the shed while fixing the hydraulics over the last two years (some have a hot rod in the garage, I have a tractor). Bottom of the carb was gummed up with ethanol residue.

rudyk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 5:16am
It’s a diesel, I’m hopeful the fuel cap works, couldn’t get much easier!
I will post my findings
Thanks
rudyk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 5:55pm
Loosened the fuel cap to vent, but unfortunately it still bogged down
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic