This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adapter plate for a 45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adapter plate for a 45
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:48pm
I'm wanting to put a 292 in a 45 frame. I have a adapter plate that came off a d-19 with a budda six cylinder. My question is will that plate work for my 292.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 8:16am
The odds of that "Buda" rear plate just bolting onto a GM 292 engine are pretty much zero. You may however be able to drill holes in it to connect to the GM 292. Nothing guaranteed, but you might be able to do that. For sure you can use the Buda plate as a pattern to make a new plate to fit the GM engine or take a GM plate that fits the 292 and clamp the Buda plate to it for drilling/machining to be able to connect to the Allis bellhousing.
Bodean View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:36am
That's pretty much what I figured I would hear. Had one in my hands a couple of years ago and let it get away. What's the odds.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic