This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A-C Replacement Parts from Brillman

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-C Replacement Parts from Brillman
    Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 10:37pm
Curiousity question, if anyone here has ever ordered A-C replacement parts for a company called Brillman?

They say all their ignition parts are made in the USA.  I know there have been several complaints on here about ignition parts from China and India.

Any thoughts if these might be better?  Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 10:57pm
So yes, I did pick up a bunch of stuff from Brillman when doing my WD back in 2021. I ordered a brand new WD wiring harness, 306 autolite spark plugs, a new braided ground strap, a new battery cable that runs to the starter, new spark plug wires, and a bunch of delco distributor parts (tune up kit w/ points, condenser, and rotor), new dust cover and distributor cap... I bought the basic stuff, and it all worked great for me, very happy with it.

I could swear that there's a fellow on here that sells or knows where to get the real deal high end replacement parts for ignition stuff I believe (Eschelin/NAPA/Blue Streak -- but the good stuff)... Wish I could dig up his info... Ah here it is, ac45dave posted all the numbers in this thread, and I think Steve in NJ was a dealer?

https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/what-spark-plugs-in-an-allis-wd_topic177513.html

Edited by garden_guy - 16 Aug 2023 at 10:57pm
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 5:47am
They are local to me, about 40 miles away.
I get my electrical stuff repaired there (Pricey but works great).
They know their electrical stuff. 

Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 6:32am
I get anything and everything I need in the electrical department for whatever I'm working on from John Brillman. I don't even waste my time going anywhere else, not even the local places. John knows his stuff and strives to be as accurate as possible with all the items he makes himself. Any NOS wiring harnesses I've ever had went to him first for him to use as a pattern. Even the covering he puts on his harnesses is exactly as known originals. He has also rebuilt many 6 volt starters with true 12 volt components to eliminate ring gear problems. 
 I've seen a few wiring harnesses that were made from another popular supplier and they looked like something that someone made on their picnic table with a bunch of pvc crimp connectors and nothing was soldered then covered with the split plastic loom.
 Unfortunately there are some parts, like points and condensers that are only made by a few suppliers and you will get the same thing no matter who you buy them from or what box they come in. If you have old condensers laying around, save them, they are better than anything new you will buy today,  no matter where you buy them or what brand is on the box. The only way to get around this is to use the electronic ignition conversions in place of the points/condenser systems.
 I had someone bring me "Blue Steak" parts he brought for his tractor and "Made in China" was stamped right on the parts.

Edited by PaulB - 17 Aug 2023 at 6:43am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
BigGuy1000 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGuy1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 8:29am
I bought a 1.5 ohm ignition resistor for AC 170 from Brillman, came quickly, but I did not install as it measured as 2.5 ohms, was very poor quality(terminals loose, open on one side), origin country not labeled, so I returned it, he did refund money.   Got a used one from local repair shop, works fine!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic