This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC Mel??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Mel??
    Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:36am
How are you all doing? Just worried the rain may be setting your region to slippage too?
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:46pm
Same here been a wondering how things are going for you folks.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:10am
Dave..Tom.. Thanks for thinking of us. We are fine here with the weather problem. Yes the people in Southern Ca. have taken a beating with the mud slide issue. We have no problems here with that kind of mudslide issue...even Sonoma Co. to the south of us..where they lost 5000 plus homes doesn't have that problem like that. We've had almost 10'' of rain this year..below normal and way behind last year. Rain starting tonight...off and on through the weekend..maybe 2-3''.will be perfect.
 Ok so an earlier post I showed the AC BBQ as a work bench...well we cleaned it of and started cooking on it finally.

photo P1130013_zpsii9kta5a.jpg
Kinda funny how some of this simple stuff can work so well....one of the problems we had was no firewood was cut to use (it all burned up) Had to borrow some from brother Dave..who actually had to buy some..cause he didn't have time to cut it.
 photo P1130014_zpsshhzf1pl.jpg
We did just this past weekend buy a new propane BBQ...which has always been heavily used buy my wife.
 photo P1130020_zpsgwoyc0eq.jpg
How would you know it was cooked on a tractor radiator grill?

Anyway we're good..keep you posted
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:11pm
Sweet, and tasty looking!!

Thanks for the update.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:41pm
So glad to hear you and family are safe and going better. When California is good its great,when its bad its real bad. With weather that is.

The steaks look great, not sure of that green stuff, looks like it would take valuable space away from potato's and corn.

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:32pm
Glad to hear you are ok Mel. This weather sure has been a wild one all across the US.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:54pm
Yum Yum!!  Boy, they look great!!  Let's eat!!  Thumbs Up
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:26am
Mel....brings yer truck (with sides on it) and i'll fills it with firewood!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 6:14am
With PICTURES????
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm
That would be something to see, pictures of Shameless loading firewood
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 4:26pm
He'd have to be wearing a hat to be believed
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 9:47pm
Dave...What if I get back there with my truck to load and take pictures of shameless with his AC hat on...and it's dirty!!!...we don't know where shameless has been wearing his AC COLLECTION hat....could be pretty cruddy looking by now...bet yours are still clean. So that means if I drive back there...I'll have to take a fresh hat for the photo op. I'd given up on the Shameless hat pictures....but free firewood!!!...might be a ROADTRIP!!!...
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:49pm
Heck just a picture of ol shameless???? Might could put it up somewhere. Glad to here you are OK!

Edited by HD6GTOM - 20 Jan 2018 at 11:50pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:00am
if ya Wants the firewood stacked on yer truck, you'll hafta do it, but you'll also hafta be faster than the backhoe loader bucket can dump it on the truck! and I will wear a new collector hat will doing it!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:04am
I swore i'd never load another semi with firewood again. did that once and hauled it out to Boulder CO, parked in a strip mall parking lot and sold it off the back of the trailer, made BIG $$$$ and sold out the same day. but clincher was that I split all that wood by hand with a maul. I had a strong back...back then! that's prolly what happened, I dun wore it out!
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:11am
When I worked in the logging woods I would get 5-6 dump truck loads of oak dumped in my field and in the fall cut and split firewood and sell  through the winter. It helped pay the winter bills and brought in extra cash during the shut down season . The first year it was all done by hand with a mall.The next year I bought a pto horizontal splitter .Used it for 3-4 years and finaly bought a stand up splitter and used it 3-4 years . A guy in the area bought a firewood processor that cut /split and dumped in one operation and it was a one man operation using a loader with forks for loading the logs and changing out the bins with the firewood. So after he came around I called it quits.

Edited by michale34 - 22 Jan 2018 at 10:12am
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:09pm
I agree, handling the bulk of wood is the back killer. Here are some firewood processors I see on craigslist. Its been back a few months ago, so craigslist has deleted the ad, but an older gentleman had an older 1960's Simplicity lawn tractor rigged up to supply belt power to big round saw blade that cut logs into smaller pieces, then lawn tractor's hydraulic pump powered splitter & conveyor to transfer split wood to wagon.  

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:15pm
First one I ever saw was in 84 or 85. Beaver Wood Eater firewood processor. Had a Kubota 4 cylinder engine trailer mount. Could roll a log up onto the rack, push it forward to a 16" stop, saw on, saw came down, saw back up then stop up and drive it into splitter head. All manual levers, basically followed the flow path for the levers but three of seven were in odd places. Once log in rack V was 1234 on levers.

Had a running conveyor, would drop the split chunks on it and up the belt to a waiting trailer or truck, never stacked. Grounds & Landscaping Service had it, last I knew it was derelict and sitting in a heap in their yard, not enough parts nor money to fix.

Edited by DMiller - 23 Jan 2018 at 2:15pm
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:58pm
The one this guy had he made it. He worked at a sawmill and it was set up with air switches and stops. He dropped the log on the roller chain log came to a stop and a eletric chainsaw cut and the block fell to the side then a through the wedge and onto the conveyor to the bins he had made or to the truck that was there.  He used a lot of old sawmill parts and he had bolt on wedges depending on the size log he was splitting .He could bolt on up to six wedges .It was powered by a 10k army surplus generator.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by AC Mel AC Mel wrote:

Dave...What if I get back there with my truck to load and take pictures of shameless with his AC hat on...and it's dirty!!!...we don't know where shameless has been wearing his AC COLLECTION hat....could be pretty cruddy looking by now...bet yours are still clean. So that means if I drive back there...I'll have to take a fresh hat for the photo op. I'd given up on the Shameless hat pictures....but free firewood!!!...might be a ROADTRIP!!!...
Mel, when you leave Shameless's place, hook onto his snow machine and haul it out to that hottest part of the desert your way... Please, Pretty PLEASE!!!
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 3:12am
i'll be watching him JC!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

i'll be watching him JC!

If Mel brings that crane, or boom truck, whatever he calls it, he could have that snow machine picked up and loaded and gone before you know what happened! Darrel
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 3:23pm
Ole Shameless will just be hobbling around on his swollen feet trying to stay out of the way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic