This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ac boy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ac boy
    Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 5:37pm
I have a 7060 pulling tractor and would like to know more about how you put a strait shaft in. And also what all you did to be able to pull 8000 lb. Message me or call at 765 437 1180
Sponsored Links

ac boy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 9:09pm
Its kind of hard to explain, but you will run into quite a few problems when you are trying to straight shaft and honestly I'm still figuring a few minor problems out. If you would like I can build everything you need when I have mine finessed. Its been a long process and a few trials and errors. I'm hoping to have mine finalized and tested out no later than this May.

What have you done so far with trying to lose weight? Have you changed front ends yet?

AC 7060 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 6:47am
I have 9 bolt wheels with Peterson hubs,rock shaft housing removed, cab cut off but still have the heavy platform from the cab. And a steel front Axle support to replace the cast iron one. But still have stock front axle. I realize there is quite habit of weight to lose. But I didn't think front axle frame and platform would get me 1500 to 2000 lbs. It weights 9500 right now. Just interested in your project because I don't see many other 7000 series pullers out there. Thanks from taking the time to answer me.
ac boy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 8:10pm
when I pulled in farm I still had the heavy platform of the cab like you. took the 3pt off but left the top 3pt cover on. took draw bar off. I just put a clevis on the bail. had cast 20.8s on. put a 180 front end on with a steel box to hold it. I weight 9700 lbs. to make 8000. 18.4 38s on tin rims weld on hubs. take all cast that is not needed off. aluminum platform fenders and any cover that can be made lighter. I cut the back off the rearend to shorten the hitch point and to eliminate all hydraulics also to put a angler hitch on. basically I have eliminated everything not needed that's why I had to straight shaft aluminum radiator electric fan and water pump. and I cut off other pieces of cast with a angle grinder. hope this helps you. jared Nussbaum pulls a light pro stock 7030 in 8000 with all safty equipment.       
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic