This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 6-12 w/ Russell road grader attachment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote split51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 6-12 w/ Russell road grader attachment
    Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 10:47pm
I don't know if I can post the photo here because the site I found it on is selling the prints but here is the link to an Allis Chalmers 6-12 with a Russell road grader attachment.

http://www.oldoregonphotos.com/allis...er-c-1920.html
1929 20-35 sn17662
B1 w/snow blade
B10 w/sickle mower
B110 w/mower deck
B110 w/tiller
B112 w/grader blade
B210 w/plo
Sponsored Links

AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 11:01pm
Here you go!! Stealing is FUN! LOL
Allis-Chalmers Powered Russell Junior Road Grader - Meiser
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 7:52pm
Very interesting picture!  I have a piece of sales literature for this setup that folds out into a poster.  Its one of my prized pieces!

Jim
Kev Card View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev Card Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:15pm
I don't have the 6-12 but i do have a Russel JR grader like the one in the picture except mine still has the front axle and tongue under it Kev
RC,WC,2 C'S,WD45,185 ,618 LT

If it's orange and rusty Mary don't trust me
chuckz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 9:16pm
I'm looking for information and pictures on Russell Grader. The chief engineer for Russell was Carl Gustafson who patented the first center mount blade on a 4 wheel unit. Carl wass my wife's Grandfather and went to Peoria in 1928 when cat bought Russell. He was assistant Chief eng at Cat until his death at the age of 61, in 1952. I have the book edited by P. A. LeTourneau on Russell Graders, Photo Archive . Patrol No. 1 has the earlier version, like the pull type attached to the A-C 6-12. Very interesting. Thanks for bringing it up. Chuck
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 6:55am
I'll bet a guy was wore out after a day in that seat.
Thanks for sharing.
Leon B MO
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
mtj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 9:05am

Hey guys, Never posted photo's here before so I hope I don't mess this up, I love those Russell graders though so I'll give it a try. I Used to have a Russell JR also like in the pic, but I'd really love to find a complete Hi-Way Patrol grader to fix up. Chuck--I can help on some info, I sent you a message.... 

mtj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 9:18am
Try one more you might enjoy.
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 4:43pm
mtj, you beat me to it! lol  I have the same piece of literature.

Heres a few more scans and picture of the fold out.

This one didnt come out too great, but you get the picture.

Jim
mtj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 8:31pm
Neat old brochure isn't it Jim...I always found it odd that not one word was mentioned of the tractors maker....unless I'm mistaken didn't they even airbrush the logo off the front grille? Or were some 6-12's made without the logo? I know they were selling graders, not tractors, but I suppose they were trying not to offend a few of the other tractor manufacturers that were adapting the grader to their product.
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 12:58am
It is a really neat old brochure.  It does not show "Allis-Chalmers" on the grill, but it was only painted on there anyway.  However, it does mention A-C on this page under the "Not and Experiment" paragraph.  I have seen other versions of this that did title it as "Allis-Chalmers Russel Hi-Way Patrol".  I imagine A-C were marketing it along with them at the time??? 

Everyone has a lucky find, this was mine.  I purchased it at the toy show in Dyersville years ago from a reputable literature dealer.  He had it in the "misc construction" section, I looked through it as a fluke and purchased it for his asking price of $22.  I think I could get my money back or even double it! lol

Jim 
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 12:58am
Of course I forgot the link

dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:49pm
The 6-12 in the Russell ad is an industrial 6-12 i have one of only two that i know of that exist. I haven't fould any record of production from AC. the differance is the wide drive wheels and the flat spokes. I have to wonder if the I6-12's were built special for Russell? I would love to have a Hi-way Patrol to mount on our 6-12. But i would settle for more information. if anyone could shed more light on this please do.
production records? paint sceme?
chuckz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:48pm
You asked a couple of questions there, first the production numbers;
 Hiway Patrol 1918-1920 2000units          Hiway Patrol 2 1923-1926 4099
                    1920-22    1500                                      1927-1929  1599
                    1922           875
The Motor Hi-way Patrol No. 1 was introduced in 1920 as the first motor patrol with the A-C 6-12 and because of patent problems was withdrawn in 1923. I have an extra book on the Russell Graders Photo archive edited by P. A. LeTourneau first come on it.   I'm interpreting what is in the book(143pg) here but it doesn't  totally add up. 4375 units of the Hi-Way or No. 1, it doesn't say how many 6-12's and the No. 2 was powered by the Fordson.
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:56pm
Thanks, i was looking at that book on ebay. looks like i am going to have to buy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic