This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A-C 500 loader question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-C 500 loader question.
    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 2:54pm
I have an A-C 500 loader with quick attach. Has anyone mounted a farm store fork lift attachment to a 500 loader? How did it work? Were modifications necessary? Please & thanks!
Sponsored Links

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 5:36am
I don't have a 500 loader but I think the same applies to your quick attach mount on it as any.  The attachment mounting must match the one on your tractor.  Best if both sides are from the same manufacturer but that is not always possible.  You don't say if yours is one of the so called universal skid steer type mounts, which may fit many different attachments or  a manufacturer specific mount intended for just their attachments.  Some fit across brands fine, some not so fine, and some not at all.  If you get one, be sure you can return it if it doesn't couple up properly when you try it (try the fit up as soon as you get it home and either keep or return right away).  If it is compatible with the one on your tractor it will not need modifications.  If it needs modifications to fit, I would return it and keep shopping for one that fits, right out of the box.  If yours is a manufacturer specific one, your choices may be limited and you could get into modifications then.  Use care and make sure things, like welds are done properly and very good, if you start modifying things.  There are high forces at work on those mount attaching points.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic