This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 21c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 41b dozer g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 21c
    Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 12:38am
Anybody familiar with the 21c trans? Been hard to get her moving for a year or 2 and now she doesn't move at all. Any help greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 5:22am
Was it sluggish on cold starts where it seemed to have to build pressure in the converter before anything would happen?

I have a 7G which uses a similar style power shift just smaller. Have to drain the trans, check ALL the suction screens, the filters and lines. I had multiple issues with screens loaded severely, filter had NOT been changed forever and the scavenge line had started sucking air thru the hose sidewall. Those in turn destroyed the scavenge/charging pump. With all external possibilities covered then check the pressures off the transmission, if you have instrumentation are they working, are they anywhere close to the lower red lines?

Lastly IF all the filters and screens are good, the pump delivering plenty of volume and pressure and the converter spools up readily(Can see that with the drive shaft turning after start in N), look to that same driveling when put in gear, does it stop? Does the engine reach RPM with the converter basically stalled(driveline stopped), that would indicate converter failure. If the shaft continues to spin then either have clutch pack or clutch application O-rings dried out or cooked and failed.

Minnpar had SOME seals for my old machine, went to a local HD Hydraulics shop and got nylon/Teflon seal rings and backing orings for the drum seals, the bronze and steel clutches in my unit were in decent enough shape to re-use. That spare sits ready to install in my tractor currently.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic