This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 185 hydraulic suction screen location?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynodawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 185 hydraulic suction screen location?
    Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:10am
My 3 point has been slow to lift, now it wont lift at all. I'm changing the hydraulic oil filter and also want to clean the suction screen. Where is the screen located and how do you remove it for cleaning? Thanks.

Edited by dynodawg - 23 Apr 2017 at 10:11am
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:12am
On bottom of the Power Director housing there's a manifold that is bolted underneath, it has the suction tube,, big tube that runs to the pump, on one side and return on the other, it all unbolts and the screen is in that manifold, I've found all kinds of stuff in them
dynodawg View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynodawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:15am
Great, thanks!

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 1:23pm
Unless you are experiencing other problems (like steering) cleaning that screen is probably a waste of your time.
dynodawg View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynodawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 2:50pm
Actually the steering has been intermittenly giving me problems as well. Ideas?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 3:40pm
Tell me exactly where you are checking hydraulic fluid level.
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:06pm
If your suction screen is anything like the one in my D17 IV the mesh screen is separated from the metal frame and needs attention. But as the good Dr. stated its probably not your problem. Ryan
dynodawg View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynodawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm
Dr., I will have to get back to you after I get up to the ranch next weekend to look at it. The last time I used it and noticed the problem was back in January. I remember checking the level, but dont remember where.
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:45pm
   Time for a manual or two.
Dad always said," If you have one boy, you have a man. If you have two boys, you have two boys". "ALLIS EXPRESS"
ClayP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClayP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 7:29pm
How do you reattach the screen if it's torn away?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic