This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A 7 Mile Ford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 7 Mile Ford
    Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:15pm
A co worker told me this morning of his BIL's woes Confused . The poor guy traded in his 2015 Ford F150 with "x miles" on a dealers 2021 F150 with SEVEN miles on the odometer. The poor guy put 8 miles on it and the engine froze up ConfusedOuch !! It  was towed back to the dealership and diagnosed, faulty "line" installation/torque  parameters Cry Ouch !! The parts to repair won't be available for 3-4 MONTHS ?!!?  The owner asked for his trade-in back but was informed that it was sold off of the lot while he was signing papers on his new "dead one"Cry
WTH Ford ??
BTW, the poor guy paid $52,000 for it AFTER trade OuchConfused

Edited by FREEDGUY - 23 Sep 2021 at 6:20pm
Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:31pm
Well they should provide a loaner when witinGB for his to get repaired
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:07pm
He got a loaner , an Explorer Embarrassed
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:30pm
P.T. Barnum said it best "There's a sucker born every minute" The nameplate didn't say Found-On-Road-Dead for nothingBig smile $52,000 AFTER trade for a wimpy 1/2 ton? "What a maroon" ( B. Bunny would say)
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:34pm
YEA.... 2015 had to be worth about $20K ???  and he had to pay ANOTHER $52 K ?? Not much of a deal.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:13pm
The point is, WHY will it take this poor guy MONTHS to get his buggy repaired ?? The dealership said a "union worker" F/U'ed on the line that will cause the "owner" grief for months. The exploder probably has more cargo capacity though Clap
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:16pm
And think what a 2021 can be bought for in late winter! This one will loose several $$ just due to the car fax. I have a hard time with the 52k figure for a half ton anyway. Picked up a 2020 3500 new in late March for the same money without a trade.

Edited by allisbred - 23 Sep 2021 at 8:16pm
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:21pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:26pm
I didnt pay that for a 2000 sq ft house with a 3 car garage !!
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Red Bank Red Bank wrote:

. I had heard the prices went up, guess there are suckers.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:06pm
Michigan has a "Lemon Law" he should research it and either get a new truck or his money back.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:15pm
With all of the paranoia over COVID, every manufacturer is going to be slow in getting repair parts. With less than 20 miles on it, Ford is going to want that whole engine back instead of forcing the tech to install a short block. With all of the parts shortages, he’s going to have to make a lot of noise to get an engine pulled from the production line.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:25pm
I’m on a couple dealership Fakebook pages and right now it’s very difficult to get new vehicles. Many dealers don’t have any new vehicles on the lot right now. Because of this it’s not unusual for a 2-3 year old trade in good condition to bring what it sold for new with 100k on it. Many dealers are also adding a “market adjustment” to the price of the few new vehicles they actually have. Not willing to pay the mark up? You won’t be buying a new car because someone else will pay it and the dealers know it. It’s not a sucker thing, it’s the law of supply and demand. When demand is strong and supply is low, the price is going to be high...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:48am
$73k is insane, and I'm guessing that doesn't include taxes, fees and registration.

I'd hate to ask what the annual insurance cost is for that truck...
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:51am
Local dealer managed to get THREE Whole NEW Ford F150s, were gone in a day, all have currently are bought used, NOT trade ins, BOUGHT from previous customers.  The dealers in nearby towns all the way into St Louis county are struggling to stay in business as have nothing New to sell to speak of and have been told 2022 models may not come out until the current inventories are depleted that are awaiting chips or other parts from TADA: China.  Caterpillar and Deere Industrial dealers have announced to clients they have Limited Inventories of filters and service parts for HE, buy it now or chance not having any in next weeks when the cold snap drops in and maintenance begins full on.

Worries are the stacks of containers sitting outside West Coast shores, undeliverable, are where much of this sits.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:00am
hmm.. the guy PAYS for a pickup, gets a CAR as the loaner vehicle ????
Man there is NO way I'd accept that,none

BTW insurance companies are going to NOT cover damage due to hail real soon. Over 150 cars/trucks have been reapired in just ONE shop 5 miles down the road. Guys F150 cost 14K canucks for new hood, roof repairs and new tonneau cover. Golfballs have less dimpples than his vacny Aluminum 2 year old truck . Best READ the itty bitty fine print !!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:45am
Originally posted by dee_veloper dee_veloper wrote:

$73k is insane, and I'm guessing that doesn't include taxes, fees and registration.

I'd hate to ask what the annual insurance cost is for that truck...
Well in Michigan, one thing for sure is it will be HIGH!!!  Wild guess, I'd say ~$175/ month?  Maybe more? $200?

I have no plans to pay that much for a vehicle.....but people are.  When you're in business, you put a price on something, if you sell out, that's a sign you can ask even more.  You'd be dumb not to (as a business).  

Why can't they get the repair quicker?  Same reason it's so hard to get the truck in the first place, the supply chain is completely pooched.  
BPM75 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BPM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:55am
I know this question is off topic some but something I been wondering about. With all these brand new vehicles sitting and waiting for a microchip to be finished and able to be sold, these new vehicles may already be a year old by the time they hit a dealer lot, do you suppose they're going to be highly discounted for quick movement? Then think about people like this guy who paid a premium for his truck and have this happen then say 6 months from now same truck could be bought for 10-15k less!
59 D17 gas nf, 66 XT 190, 69 220.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:08am
That is my way of thinking as well. Those 2021 trucks will be very cheap just to clear from the lots, especially around June of 22. This guy may just be getting his repaired truck back. Another thing to consider—- these trucks have been sitting for over 6 months. I doubt maintenance has been competed on a regular schedule for long term storage— rotating engine & trans, condensation preventives etc…

Edited by allisbred - 24 Sep 2021 at 8:06am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:48am
Will depend greatly on what rate of supply the chips begin to come in.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:00am
my question is who in the world is paying $50-100K + for a new truck, and why do they need one that bad? 
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:30am
YEP.... a $20- 25K 2015 F150 would look pretty good to the guy right now !!... SHOULD HAVE KEPT IT.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:16am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

my question is who in the world is paying $50-100K + for a new truck, and why do they need one that bad? 
Apparently......several thousands of people.  When the time comes you truly need a vehicle, well, you truly need a vehicle.  

Leases were the way to go to keep your payment and outlay down, now that there's very limited inventory of new, hard to lease another one, you end up buying your leased vehicle at turn in, which is kind of nice for people who can, because their price was locked in at the time of lease.  If you don't need the vehicle anymore, you can sell them and make a lot of cash!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:58pm
And then again, if the new machines sit too long and decay any at all they will be recycled, Can see the Big Three dumping them thru a shredder, WRITE OFF.

Edited by DMiller - 24 Sep 2021 at 4:58pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Have you "personally " priced one recently ???
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:48pm
Do not need one currently, do you?
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm
I can safely say with certainty "I'll NEVER EVER buy another new vehicle" let alone a FORD to only have it die driving it home the first time. Someone would have to be desperate to pay $50K + for a 1/2 tone Daddys pwetty widdle truwk Wacko
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:54pm
Prices start about $30,000.  You can get a decent NEW F150 for about $40,000..   all depends if you want a STD cab or bigger.... 6.5 ft bed or 8 ft.... its the BELLS and WHISTLES that cost the other $35,000.. if you want it to wipe your ass and tuck you in an night, you got to pay for that.

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:32pm
xlt, reg cab, 6.5box, v8 is about $42000 up here, top end 4d,4wd all options in is just over $100K( burns rubber real good BTW....)
and... I can't buy a 2WD RANGER in Canada . Not allowed to import from USA either.
You can only buy what THEY want to sell you NOT what YOU need....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 4:56am
So true Jay

Dealer salesman I used to buy thru explained the purchase of lot stock to me long ago. Spot a trend of buyers as to requests then load the lot stock as that plus a little more options, customers will find what they seek and pay a little more for the added bells and whistles, just had to limit to one or two with All the B&Ws as would be slower to move.
Stock rotation was the big game, special orders took weeks to months where now are generally nonexistent or not supported as factories are on schedules as materials are ordered months in advance.

Edited by DMiller - 25 Sep 2021 at 7:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic