This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

^*$#*^#@

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ^*$#*^#@
    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 8:38pm
filled sum bottles of water this morning for me to drink outside, and filled the goat/chicky waterer, this noon we had no water! WTF??? made my way back to the well house, looked inside and something had gotten in there and tore all the insulation and interior walls down. what a mess! plugged in the heater in there and within a couple minutes heard a click, and checked, had water again! it dun froze up that fast. usually we can have water til the 3rd day of 0 (zero) temps before turning on the heater! now I gotta re-do all that before I can finish my new cook shack! PfffffT!
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 2:39am

UMMmmmmm,,,,did you piss off ole Les,,,again,,,????
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 6:46am
That's what happens when you crank up your machine to early in the year.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:12am
Geewix, poor guy gets 'comments' and not any help....
OK, help ... use ROXUL insulation NOT 'pink'. ROXUL is waterproof and vermin will NOT nest in it. to really PO them, tack expanded wire mesh as well.

.. oh yeah THANX for the white on my truck.....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Geewix, poor guy gets 'comments' and not any help....
OK, help ... use ROXUL insulation NOT 'pink'. ROXUL is waterproof and vermin will NOT nest in it. to really PO them, tack expanded wire mesh as well.

.. oh yeah THANX for the white on my truck.....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jay

ROXUL brand or rock wool in general? I put rock wool in my 7000's and they had nested in that as well
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 12:54pm
Put ears and whiskas with a long tail on them chickens. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 4:07pm
ROXUL brand...
mice don't like the stuff, if it gets wet, no problem unlike 'pink'. it's also used as 'glowing embers' in gas fireplaces....

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:57pm
Good luck with her. One of the reasons I signed up for rural water when it came buy. Cost me $35.00 per month. I don't remember the basic charge. I think it was $21.00 per month. Oh well that pays for all the water the old gal uses in her business and the house use. If I didn't have rural water I would have had to put in a water treatment system for her business.   Left her livestock/garden watering stuff on the well. Hope you get her done quick. I was just reading about the upcoming weather. It don't look good. Looks like 20 to 30° below normal.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 08 Nov 2019 at 6:02pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:57pm
I THINK I'm glad you got water again.....just use it for the cook shack and the house though will ya?!  We got 5.5" of that white pretty the other day, on Tuesday night (LATE) into Wednesday morning.  Finally quit about 10 or so.  Now we're in the icebox!

SAY,,,,,,,,,,,,did you ever git them little toys I sent ya workin?  I never saw anything.  But you bein busy an all, maybe you ain't had time for practice yet?.......
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:27pm
gots the well house mostly cleaned out today, have gots sum insulation up, gonna line the interior with boards over the insulation, should keep most critters out of the insulation. that is until I gits the pressure tank re-installed in the basement, then I won't need to run a heater out there. question for the plummers...can I install another pressure tank off the one I gots outside now? dunno why i'd do it, but just checking!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

gots the well house mostly cleaned out today, have gots sum insulation up, gonna line the interior with boards over the insulation, should keep most critters out of the insulation. that is until I gits the pressure tank re-installed in the basement, then I won't need to run a heater out there. question for the plummers...can I install another pressure tank off the one I gots outside now? dunno why i'd do it, but just checking!

Wink Don't be fooled guys his just checking, probably means somebody is looking to be  covered over in even more "pretty". 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 9:49pm
RAY....you SHUSH!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 8:27pm
gots the well house all done, even gots sum insulation on the roof, lined the inside with oak boards I had, had to drill every place I had to put in a screw, took time, but gots it done. whew! didn't hafta saw any of the boards, they fit perfectly, just worked out that way!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic