This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

80T and 82T difference?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80T and 82T difference?
    Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 5:52pm
What are the differences
80T and 82T ?

The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 5:57pm
82-T has staggered wheels.
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 6:14pm
I have used 80R, 82R, and 82s.

What is the advantage of an 82T ?
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 6:19pm
The mowing mechanism is the same. The staggered wheel frame is very clean and simple and with the left wheel more to the rear keeps the cutter bar straighter in tough/fast cutting. The break-back device is very simple and reliable.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 7:21pm
I believe the 80t is cable and pulley lift like 80r. The 82 were hyd cylinder without the cable pulley setup
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 5:35am
82T will turn corners a lot better
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 6:10am
OK
THANKS

I have an 82T that is in bad repair....

I can fix or have parts to repair everything but the long drive shaft. It was badly bent by previous owner....

Looking for one of those close to Pittsburgh Pa. or can meet at Allis Swap meet in MO. 1st weekend in March.

Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 2:29pm
[QUOTE=Macon Rounds]OK
THANKS

I have an 82T that is in bad repair....

I can fix or have parts to repair everything but the long drive shaft. It was badly bent by previous owner....

Looking for one of those close to Pittsburgh Pa. or can meet at Allis Swap meet in MO. 1st weekend in March.

[/QUOTE

I have an 82T I was using up to about 5 years ago,also a large number of AC parts and complete mowers.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 9:16pm

In addition to the differences mentioned above there are several other significant differences (improvements) between the early and late 80 series mowers including the 80T.  These improvements were, of course carried over to all the 82 series mowers.

For example the early 80 series mowers had a 5/8" thick cut bar while the later models had a 3/4" bar.

In addition, the inner shoe ass'y. (the box surrounding the gearbox) is made of much heavier material. The pivot points for the cut bar on the later models are ball bearings instead of steel against steel and the square housing support bar was increased to       1-1/2" thick on the later ones.

The design of the connecting rods and cross bar was improved as well with the bearings being better protected from debris. The bearing size on the crank end of the rods was also made larger.

So, depending on whether you are comparing an 82T to an early or a late 80T the differences may be a lot or not too much.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 7:51am
I can tell you this, 82 T is not the easiest thing in the world to back up! No idea if an 80 T is easier though.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 7:56am
Gary Burnett

Please PM me if you have parts for 82T.

Drive shaft in paticular.

Thanks in advance.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

I believe the 80t is cable and pulley lift like 80r. The 82 were hyd cylinder without the cable pulley setup

Saw this 80T at a sale some years ago that was a hydraulic lift

'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 3:20pm
Yes, but there was a cable going thru two pulleys to get the job done. The 82-T the cylinder connected directly to the gearbox. The 82-T was a much simpler and cleaner designed frame and should have cost less to manufacture.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 9:02am
I THINK, but don't know for sure, that some weight in the off-side wheel would help. Weather filling it with fluid or finding some wheel weights that would bolt on. I have some weights, off a jd combine, I think, that might work. One of those, if I ever get caught up projects.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic