This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

80r3 on 5020?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80r3 on 5020?
    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 7:20am
Has anyone run an 80r3 on a 5020 allis? How did it work? We are currently using the mower on a d14 with a homemade 3pt.
Sponsored Links

Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 9:10am
No! I have never had a sickle mower on one. But I wouldn't know why it wouldn't if the rear is weighted. If it plugs it will most likely slide the front side ways. You would be stopping at that point anyway. With the 7 foot mounted on my 66 Oliver will slide the front when it plugs. No biggy as your jamming for the clutch. With a 5 foot rotary on my one 5020 without weight it will slide the front side ways if it gets a big gob of hay on one front runner. Not with the 5020 that the rear tires are loaded. The front of one of my 5920's has a loader out front and the other has the heavy mounting for the snow blower.

Edited by Dick L - 13 Mar 2020 at 9:13am
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 10:26am
Maybe Dick L. meant to say if the front is weighted rather than if the rear is weighted?
The mower itself will add some weight to the rear.
Having the sections and ledger plates sharp and properly adjusted will do a lot
to prevent jamming or clogging.
The "breakback" system, if working properly, should release before it pulls the tractor around much.

Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Brian G.  NY Brian G. NY wrote:

Maybe Dick L. meant to say if the front is weighted rather than if the rear is weighted?
The mower itself will add some weight to the rear.
Having the sections and ledger plates sharp and properly adjusted will do a lot
to prevent jamming or clogging.
The "breakback" system, if working properly, should release before it pulls the tractor around much.

All of what you said also. The 5020 is a bit light on the rear and mine as stated has extra front weight. I did mean rear weight. I probably ask more of my tractors than most and weight them down to get it.

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:02pm
From experience with my 5020 lifting things I'm thinking that when you attempt to lift the mower, the front end will come off of the ground not the mower.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic