This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8070 and jd forage harvester

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenn allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8070 and jd forage harvester
    Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:01am
Can you use an 8070 on a jd forage harvester and leave the hydraulics engaged without damaging anything to run the controls
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:13am
I guess I don't follow.....hydraulics "engaged" doing what?  And what JD harvester model and what controls?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:14am
Adjust the remote lever kick-out so it cannot cancel itself. DO NOT tie the lever engaged with a tarp strap.
Tenn allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenn allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:18am
How do I adjust the kick out dr.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:20am
OK, I'm out of the technical loop, that's fine.  But I'm still curious, hydraulics engaged continuously for what purpose? 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenn allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:01am
You use hydraulics on the tractor to control the spout and reverse the transmission and swing the tongue on a jd tractor you just lock the lever down to control them they’re electric over hydraulic
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:15am
So the tongue swing is the one left engaged....OK....thank you. 
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:22am
So you need 3 remotes to chop?  Seems a pain.....And....do you really need to keep engaged to keep the tongue swung over?  It won't hold in the off position?  Or just an occasional bump to keep it over? 

Just interested is all.  I've never had an implement with a hydraulic hitch swing.  I "used" to think it would be handy, now not so sure!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:32am
Operators manual shows how to lock detent kick-out. Remove rubber plug at the rear of the valve you want to lock and with a pocket sized flat blade screwdriver (maybe a little bigger than pocket sized) tighten down the screw gently until it just hits bottom. Count how many turns you changed it so you can back it off to normal kick-out if needed.

Edited by DrAllis - 23 Apr 2019 at 10:58am
tomstractorsandtoys View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:45am
It is going to depend on what tractor that harvester was used on last. If on a 4455 or older you need to change something on the valve on the harvester. If used on 7800's and newer it will have the correct valve. Has to do with open and closed center hyd's. Tom
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:52am
JD tractors a lot older and smaller than a 4455 still have closed center.  Not saying there's not an issue, but there must be more to the story.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenn allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:02pm
You lock down one lever that gives you hydraulics for all functions there’s a electric control box in cab there’s a set of hydraulic solenoids on the chopper whatever function you push it activates that selenoid and the constant pressure of the hydraulics activates that cylinder pull it with a 4450 which is in shop pulling it right now with 7810 both have closed center hydraulics
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenn allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:03pm
Thanks doc
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:57pm
Oh, OK, cool.  I bet it works pretty good. 

I've run a Ford (LONG time ago), Several New Hollands, (3 or 4?), and a Hesston.  Last couple New Hollands were all electric motors for that stuff.....not the most robust thing in the world.  The ol' Ford was all ropes.  The Hesston had hydraulics to pivot, a rope for the deflector.  The reverser was not hooked up, but that thing worked so awesome you didn't need it.
Oldred View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

Adjust the remote lever kick-out so it cannot cancel itself. DO NOT tie the lever engaged with a tarp strap.

The JD pull type combines are the same, need a remote lever engaged to run other multiple hydraulic functions from the combine solenoids.

I built a lock for mine, but would this cause any damage or unnecessary wear ? If so I will adjust as you described. Also what about an air seeder fan that needs to be engaged all the time as well.

Thx Mark

Edited by Oldred - 24 Apr 2019 at 11:05am
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:24am
If any "self-cancelling" type of remote valve is locked engaged with a tarp strap, there is a 3 to 5 GPM hydraulic LEAK inside the valve causing the oil to heat up more than is necessary. Making the self-cancel feature to not work is the best for your hydraulic system.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Oldred Oldred wrote:

Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

The JD pull type combines are the same, need a remote lever engaged to run other multiple hydraulic functions from the combine solenoids.

I built a lock for mine, but would this cause any damage or unnecessary wear ? If so I will adjust as you described. Also what about an air seeder fan that needs to be engaged all the time as well.

Thx Mark

For an air seeder fan, there is constant flow.   These control circuits only flow when you're actuating something, the rest of the time, there is flow in the pilot trying to kick out the lever.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 7:36pm
You might do good to turn the flow control down quite a ways, too. That stuff doesn't need to move 100 miles an hour. Darrel
Oldred View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 7:28am
Thx guys,

I will hook the air seeder fan to the remote that can be adjusted for the proper flow which will dictate fan speed. For the combine I will adjust the detent as described above.

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic