This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7gb track loader radiator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7gb track loader radiator
    Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 12:16pm
I need a radiator for my 7gb track loader. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Larry
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 12:27pm
Will need to call radiator shops, see who can construct a core for you.
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 12:49pm
I have done that. It is very expensive.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 2:23pm
Anything used will not be much better than already have.  the Core for my 2005 KW was $1200 BY ITSELF, no tanks.  If needs one need to spend the money or deal without.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:51pm
I had a Mack tractor recored and it was $1100.00 using the existing tanks. They are sure expensive but an old rotted core won't hold up too long. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 7:31pm
Tubes are least of worries, not even how clean in and out, what becomes a problem is the fine fin structures between the tubes, those are heat sinks for the heat in the tubes and once degraded enough that radiator will no longer dissipate heat. A used radiator might last months or a few years until loses same viability.
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 5:04pm
Just got a quote for a radiator rebuild $3500.  Way too much for me. Anybody have any ideas?

Larry
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 6:08pm
Post some photos, measurements, and row quantity. I can ask a guy I use but you'd have a bit of freight costs involved.  
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 6:39pm
I will do that. The radiator is at the repair shop at present.  I will go get it tomorrow.  He told me the core alone was $2900.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:33am
I dont own a 7gb but would it be possible to retrofit a used radiator from a tractor using the 426 engine?  210,220.  7030 and up?  may work for occasional use and many more available for salvage.  just a thought.  $3500 is getting near cost of a usable machine
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 11:37am
Dimensions, mounting type, hose sizes are far different. These also cool the high heat from hydraulics so roughly three times volume of AG.
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 2:34pm
I can't post the picture as the file is too big. I will have to figure that out.  The dimensions are as follows.  

core size = 32 x 24 1/2 inches

4 3/4 inches thick. six rows of tubes

radiator is 38 1/2 inches by 28 1/2 inches overall 

It mounts with 4 long bolts, two on each side going into the frame from the front of the radiator to the back into the frame of the tractor.

Anyone that can advise me how to post the picture would be appreciated.

It has one opening at the top left, as viewed from the engine side and another at the bottom right as viewed from the same side.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 7:02am
I usually transfer photos to my desktop computer and resize a copy there to upload to the site. Never have been one to use my phone directly as I like the high resolution photos there. 
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 11:39am
uploads/22264/radiator_2.jpg

Here is a picture of the radiator.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 1:06pm
Not even for a G-b, that is a 7G series radiator,  G-b had squared off tanks top and bottom, BOLTED to core, same size and mount configuration essentially as a 7G. 

Page 78 Minnpar parts guide.
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 2:06pm
That is what I need a radiator for a 7gb track loader. This is the radiator I took of my 7gb track loader.
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 3:21pm
Just to clarify my machine is a 1972 Fiat Allis 7GB track loader.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Larry O F Larry O F wrote:

Just to clarify my machine is a 1972 Fiat Allis 7GB track loader.

Square Nose, Fiat Allis with six cylinder or Round hard nose?  Square over a six cylinder is a 7G-b, Round hard Nose four cylinder is just a 7G.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 3:40pm
That radiator is older than your machine and quite fragile from the looks of it. Soldered tanks too so kinda hard to adapt another used core to it. I'll pass the information and forward recommendations. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 3:41pm
Mine was a 1974 24476 s/n

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 3:47pm
Had mine cleaned, both the Donor tractor and the one out of the original tractor, those are Soldered STEEL Tanks.  Bad coolant or not keeping up with additives and internal corrosion will destroy on inside out.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 3:55pm
This is a HD7G-b, Pedal Steer, No Brake assist, Fiat Allis on Square tank to rear, single upper roller and Square Hard Nose.  6 Cylinder and a better tractor.

Edited by DMiller - 03 Dec 2022 at 3:56pm
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 6:37pm
This is my machine. It has a six cylinder 3500 allis turbo charged engine. 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 6:29am
Would you PM me some close up photos of that core and the tank to core joining flanges? 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 6:04pm
Correct Radiator assembly is a Bolted Tank unit, Allis P/N 70675925.  If could find a used one, that could get away with a replacement Core and reuse tanks.  Every radiator shop around here wants NOTHING to do with Soldered Steel tank radiators.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 7:44pm
See if a combine radiator out of a Gleaner L with the 3500 engine is close to the size you can fit. Could some good ones in used combine parts yards. The 3500 was opinion in the M sidehill model so my have been in other Gleaner M too. 
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 8:21pm
My tractor serial number is as follows 28815.My parts book shows the radiator to be part number 70667966 prior to SN 29390. After SN 29390 to be part number70675925. I don't know what the difference is between the two part numbers.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 4:07am
One is soldered tank, the other bolted. Both configured same dimensions one serviceable one not so much.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 5:09am
Point made, early G-b series used a lot of the earlier Plain G series parts, i fall back to you need to locate the later radiator. Mount and dimensions exact but can recore simpler as bolted. I noted radiator shops are currently dropping soldered tank repairs as cannot deal with the EPA rules regarding those. Can unbolt tanks to repair or block corroded tubes or bad solder joints to tubes minimizing lead and acids exposures.
Larry O F View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry O F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 10:31am
Either type would be acceptable. Mine is soldered and because it tore the bottom loose from the core they could not repair it without blocking off a number of tubes.  That would result in lost cooling.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic