This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

745 ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 745 ??
    Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 7:48am
looking at a 745H-B can anyone tell me what engine is in it? the engine is bad. are they hard to get parts for ? what is the H-B mean does anyone have any specs weight HP lift capacity years built good machines or bad?
                 Thanks Jess
Sponsored Links

ivan View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:57pm
11000 engine
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 5:24pm

The 11 000 motor is use on hd11.

Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 6:35pm
The H model has the heavy rear axle (same axle as front) and more ballast weight for a bigger lift capacity. The B means series B machines that had many updates over earlier machines. Those included engine updates, softshift transmission, trans shifter moved from left of seat up to the steering column, ROPS cab and canopy options, and a number of others. Will put up operating weight and lift capacity from spec sheet later if others dont chime in with them 
Jess View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 11:13pm
is that a 516 cu in allis engine could one be used from a N7 Gleaner combine   Got it started blows lots of oil and fuel out of turbo exhaust joints and knocks sounds like a piston to me What is a machine like this worth its is in other wise just fair condition
Thanks for the info Jess
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 1:35am
I met a guy some years back that bought a 645 I believe, at an auction for a give away price. The machine was smoking blue really bad and had oil pouring out somewhere running down the block. He told me the fix was very simple. Apparently a seal was gone, likely in the fuel pump allowing the crankcase to fill up with diesel fuel and spitting out excess wherever possible. This would make for very low oil pressure etc. This could be how the engine went downhill in the machine you're looking at. You could check if there is diesel present in the engine oil. The engine may not knock with a fresh oil change providing it hasn't been run too long this way. 
The 745 is a very good machine and very powerful if the hydraulic pumps are good and transmission with converter put out proper pressures. It should weigh around 38000 lbs. I saw one 745 with a Detroit 6V71 installed. I don't think the retrofit is too hard for a good mechanic. The only accessory drive on the engine itself is the air compressor and that's an easy one for a Detroit. It may be just as easy to fit an inline 671 in there as well. They are so cheap and easy to be found. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 8:35pm
Right on the mark Eric. A lot of 745`s here repowered with 671N inline. I think they plundered the 11000 engines from them to keep HD11`s working
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic