This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

720 finally done

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 720 finally done
    Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 10:52pm
Another update on my 720 with loader. It is now done and has been to the Rochester IN & Rice Lake WI shows this summer and The Garden Tractor Daze show in Portage WI this upcoming weekend. Will also be at Hutchinson MN for the Orange Spectacular show.
I hope to update the bucket to a fast-hitch system and add a fast-hitch pallet fork setup next year.
By the way, the factory loader is an Ark 700 model.
I will also give in detail more information on the Vega power steering unit that I installed but I want to do more testing on it first.

AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 10:54pm
Nice
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 10:59pm
Wow!!! Very nice job!! Those rear tires look good on it.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 11:03pm
We have a customer with 720, he has like tires off a sprint car on back. Was always my favorite as a kid when it was in the shop.
ac720nut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac720nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 6:44am
Lookin good Mike. If I can ever figure out this picture thing I'll post Pics of mine
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:26am
A wonderful job, the envy of every  Allis rider collector,  the D21 0f the smaller world!
Wonder what it cost ? 
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 12:25pm
Yup, that is pretty. Did you load the tires? Or is this for show now, no dirt worK?
Imagine dropping gravel on the hood, yikes.  I don't want to hear about you crying.
Adding the power steering is something I may do some day, however I don't
use a loader.
If you found some pallet forks, would you want them?

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 3:08pm
Bucket looks to nice to use and scratch up.
mnoonan-NEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 9:46pm
Thanks fellas for the nice comments.

I do have beat juice (RimGuard) in the rear tires. I also have about a 500 lb. weight for the back that hangs off the 3 pt. arms.

I also have a set of rear wheel weights that need sandblasting and paint.

After the show season, it will become a yard work tractor which of coarse then it will get scratched and the paint will get worn off but hopefully it will still look pretty good.

I will be needing a set of 36" pallet forks that will be set up for a fast hitch for next year.
AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 9:56pm
And I thought I did a nice job on my 720. Yours looks like it should be in a showroom somewhere. Looks great
structures View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote structures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 6:14am
Looks great.
ac720nut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac720nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 6:53am
7060, I was thinking the same about my 620 till I met Mike at Rochester and he let me drive it around and try the steering, was afraid I'ld scratch it. Outstanding Gentleman ! Really enjoyed are talk.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 11:35pm
did it come from the factory that perfect , thats a good looking job
Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 1:30am
The paint can be protected for years to come for pretty cheap. 3M makes a perfectly clear film that can be applied to anything painted. Much like a high quality cell phone screen protector. It's used quite a bit in the motorcycle world and on the front of expensive automobiles for rock protection.

It's pretty amazing stuff for paint protection from rocks and debris. On a tractor of that quality, I'd make the investment myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjU3INHODBQ

GB Smile
Orange4ever View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 5:44pm
Showed your tractor to my father, he saw something you need to correct he says your return line coming out of your hydraulic valve is going to the top of your tank, that's where you fill the tank up at. That is also to be a vented top. This will cause foam and air to enter your hydraulic tank. Possibly causing pump damage. There should be a place to hook the return line in down low on the hydraulic tank, a few inches above the intake for the pump. The little screw that's in the tank that's above the hydraulic control is the filler indicator, you remove that screw and fill it up to that level. Also check where the return is coming out of the valve, I think you have that hooked into the power beyond, I think it should be coming out of the out port.
If you want a man to be a successful farmer, give him a Allis Chalmers tractor. If you want him to be a successful mechanic, give him a John Deere
mnoonan-NEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Orange4ever Orange4ever wrote:

Showed your tractor to my father, he saw something you need to correct he says your return line coming out of your hydraulic valve is going to the top of your tank, that's where you fill the tank up at. That is also to be a vented top. This will cause foam and air to enter your hydraulic tank. Possibly causing pump damage. There should be a place to hook the return line in down low on the hydraulic tank, a few inches above the intake for the pump. The little screw that's in the tank that's above the hydraulic control is the filler indicator, you remove that screw and fill it up to that level. Also check where the return is coming out of the valve, I think you have that hooked into the power beyond, I think it should be coming out of the out port.

PM sent
Nate (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 6:03pm
I have 2 in my garage you can make look that pretty!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic