This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7030 remote valve troubles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7030 remote valve troubles
    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:38pm
1974 7030. Remote valve when you put lever in lower position all the way so its in detent will not release back and this is the second cable I put on u have to push lever under cab on remote valve with pry bar to release.

I have the tech manuals for tractor . Would like tear remote valve apart, something must be screwed up in it.

Any input would help thanks
Sponsored Links

Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:42pm
Is there a stop adjust screw in the console for the lever?

If I understand, it is locking in full flow, but that is a normal if you push the lever all the way.

Check the screw, I think the valve is good.
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
bleeds orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 6:25am
No stop adjust screw just adjustments on cable.

The other remote can run by hand but other remote when in full flow i need a pry bar to move back im doing this at the valve . No cables hooked up
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 6:45am
Yes locks in full flow is normal but should need a pry bar to unlock
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 6:59am
Shouldn't need pry bar to release full flow at valve
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:12am
There are FOUR positions: Raise (to the rear) Hold (in the middle) Lower (first position forward from hold) and Float (clear forward). Now, which position is the problem?? Float??  The lever that directly connects to the spool probably has a notch worn into the groove that the pin slides in. That would be the first place to check.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:17am
When you raise implement pull all the way back locks so u don't have to hold lever will not release back to hold position.
I pulled on lever not knowing and broke cable.

Where cable attaches onspool the hole for pin is fine.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:21am
Loosen the detent pressure release screw a turn or so. Takes a small allen wrench with the lever in hold position.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:04am
Ok. Thanks .

Tractor is new to me as well .

Other remote works fine.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:27am
Remove the rubber plug at the rear of the valve and while the lever is in the hold position loosen the screw a turn with a small allen wrench.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:16am
K
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:42pm
Did what you said doc.

Seems to be better.
Thanks cory
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:05pm
I find that messing with the hyd setting functions works best with warm oil. Things seem to change cold VS warm/hot.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 6:31am
And I would agree with that. When adjusting for the self-cancelling feature, especially on 7000 series, it always works best with operating temp hydraulic oil. In this case however, someone had this detent set too tightly, for  hydraulic motor operation I would imagine.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:28pm
Still having trouble with remote valve on 7030. Broke another cable.
Thanks cory
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:30pm
So, do you have the "updated" larger diameter cable?? or the old original 7030 cable ?? because the small cables were JUNK.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:21pm
Have broke 3 cables already. Bunker hill cables
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:35pm
What is the DIAMETER of the outside of the black cable covering?? I'm thinking the good cables are 3/8" but I don't have one to measure at home. The old 7030 cables are small like maybe 1/4" ?? and were known for breakage. That's why they had an update improvement kit. Better yet, what is the p/n of the cables you are getting ??

Edited by DrAllis - 18 Apr 2021 at 7:42pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:52pm
Part # for bunker hill is 60-00305 replaces 70268511. They are 1/4" cables chincey compared to the fatter cables on my 7010
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:00pm
The 7010 has the updated cables. That is what every 7030 should have been changed over to.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:01pm
How do I specify updated cables and who sells them agco, bunker hill?

Thanks cory
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:10pm
Cables to 7010-20-45 are what you want. Problem is the cable anchor brackets are different and the remote levers are drilled/machined different. A-C had a "kit" that had all the needed parts to convert over.   Have you got this remote valve adjusted so it kicks out when you raise something ??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 7:05am
I thought I had the remote valve adjusted, but with cable off and running valve by hand it does not return back to hold position when raising implement
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 7:14am
Then, you need to back out the detent adjusting screw some more. 1/2 turn at a time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic