This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7010 Low Idle Moving Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7010 Low Idle Moving Issue
    Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 4:29pm
When I have the engine at lowest engine idle position and regardless of what gear I am in or whether the power director is in low or high, I have this problem where the tractor stops moving for a second or two, then it "catches" and starts moving again.  Even on flat ground it does this.  Once moving and I am still in low idle, it will do it repeatedly where it hesitates then catches and takes off.  If I get the RPMs at 1800 or above, I have no problems.  I don't seem to have a loss of power in high RPMs.  If I am going down a hill, it will act like it is in neutral and run down the hill in low idle. 

Maybe I have lost some fluids somewhere that is causing this?  I see hydraulic fluid in the sight glass.  Hopefully it isn't bad things to come.

Thanks in advanced for any ideas.

80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 6:02pm
Id be checking the hydraulic fluid, filters  and /or pressures- have heard the site glasses can get cloudy, jmo

Edited by DougG - 11 Aug 2022 at 6:03pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 7:14pm
Dipstick under the seat is LOW by 2 or more gallons !!!
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 9:33pm
If not low on oil, pump is getting weak or PD needs resealed.                         MACK
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 8:56am
Thanks everyone.  Dr is right.   It is low.  I will figure out how low once I fill it a quart at a time.  I probably should drain it and start fresh but it will take a few days to get a new filter and I have hay to make.  When I checked it beginning of season, I thought it was fine.  It calls for 821 Fluid so I am going to use a universal trans-hydraulic fluid.  i will get it working correctly.

I got to looking and I do have some oil around the bottom of tractor but I thought it was a result of my prior hydraulic leaks under the cab that is now fixed.  I am going to have to power wash everything and figure out the source of the leak.

Thanks for the opinions.  I will report back once I get the fluid filled.
80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 6:42pm
It was low by about 1.75 gallons so close to 2 gallons low.  Don't know if it has a leak or not yet.  I am guessing if it has a leak that is a bigger problem.  Hoping it is just normal loss of fluid, but not sure on expectations of normal loss of fluid each year.  We have used it much more this year than ever before so that might be a reason why it has more loss.  Will continue to check the dipstick although the fluid is so clear it is hard to see.  Make's me wonder if my eyesight failed at the beginning of the season when I checked it.  Problem has gone away so thanks!  I should have known better and checked it when my son reported it to me rather than posting first. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic