This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

70 series slat bottom 394 ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 8:21pm
Dr Allis, getting the adjustments freed up is a miracle in itself. I did get the adjustable link and coulter freed up on my 61 plow yesterday. Spent the most of the day doing it. Didn't use the torch either. Now to the beaming screw! Good Luck on plow day! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

I've had a very productive 24 hrs !! Last night after work, in ONE hour, I had all four threaded joints on the lifting links apart and anti-seized back together. Never used the torch on one joint !!  Today, I picked up three new plow shares from Kenny L, got them installed and spent the next three hours with a 9 inch wire brush on my DeWalt grinder polishing the many years of rust off each plow bottom and cover boards. All three rolling coulters took grease !!!  Got to find a 14 inch car tire for the depth wheel and I am ready to go plowing on Oct 15th  !!!  Thanks, Kenny L for parting with the plow shares  !!!! Looking forward to the sound of WD-45 Power Crater pistons talking thru a Nelson muffler, pulling a plow just exactly like the one my Dad bought new when I was 13 !!!!

Doc Will need pictures of the plow day, I'm glad that I had what you need and thanks for the advice on the D-15 and as always good to visit with you. 

Edited by Kenny L. - 25 Sep 2022 at 4:14pm
jeickman01 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeickman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 9:02pm
Do you have a picture of this WD45 that you would post to top off this thread!

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 5:35am
Try this exactly as written:  Allis Chalmers Wd45 plowing, ac wd plowing, ac wd45 plowing           on u-tube. This video is from 2018 pulling my 3 x 14's pull type plow.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 5:56am
jeickman01 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeickman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 5:20pm
Makes me want a WD45.  Wish my Dad had never traded off the WD Diesel.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 5:42pm
I have no fluid in the rear tires because it is a play toy and I tractor ride it probably 400 miles every summer, so it makes for less wear on the tires and easier to haul.  The weights hanging from the belly only make up for what fluid would be, about 900 pounds.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 6:08pm
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 8:39am
Good video, That new plow will be a lot better than the pull type. Did anyone catch the bi-plane at the last second??
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:04am
There's another video of a pass I made that day with an 8-bottom plow being (slowly) pulled by a steam tractor in the background. Didn't take too long to figure out who was getting the most done per hr.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:13am
Glad to hear it, Doc!!
Darrel
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Allis dave Allis dave wrote:

Good video, That new plow will be a lot better than the pull type. Did anyone catch the bi-plane at the last second??

I saw it. Pretty cool. Wondering if the same plane that buzzed an auction I was at last year.
There is one that flies around my house on nice days but don’t know if the same one . Think not
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic