This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

69 B-112 Hydro lift lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heliarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69 B-112 Hydro lift lines
    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 4:11pm
Having a lot of trouble finding hydraulic lines, mainly the fittings, for my B-112. Local shop made me a set of lines. I installed them and they wouldn't seat properly. I tightened more and the "nuts" on the lines cracked. Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I re-installed the old lines and they seat nicely. The socket on the fittings of the lines sure looks like the proper stuff but it doesn't seem to grab like it should. I've heard of NAPA making them but I'd like to get them from someone that really knows what they are. Anyone know a source?
Sponsored Links

Heliarc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heliarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 4:50pm
Also, tractor has been out of commission for the last three weeks. Push mowing is great exercise but it's finally behaving like summer and I don't want to drop. I was waiting all this time for fittings just to have something that doesn't work. I'd like to go through someone that knows just what these need.
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:54am
Take line and orginal fitting for them to a Good Industrial hyd hose shop. if ends are JIC  (tarped ends) there is 37 and 45 degree fittings.   
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
Heliarc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heliarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by farmtoybuilder farmtoybuilder wrote:

Take line and orginal fitting for them to a Good Industrial hyd hose shop. if ends are JIC  (tarped ends) there is 37 and 45 degree fittings.   

Different angles you say? This would explain why they didn't seem to lock up. The old fittings, very distinct feel when you have them tightened.
talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 7:31am
NAPA made mine, and lines for many other folks.  The original hoses used steel elbows that have a >90* angle, helping them warp around the obstacles on the tractor, and make it easier to thread the fittings on.  Off the shelf elbows are 90*, but will work fine.  
Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
Heliarc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heliarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 8:16am
As it stands, the local shop made lines for me from off the shelf components but has not crimped them yet in case we can't make them work. His Brother is in there instead of the owner though. The owner is having a rough time health wise. So the Brother installed new male to male fittings that thread into the cylinder but they still do the exact same thing. Feels like a taper lock that isn't biting. The guy at a NAPA pretty close to me sounds like he knows what's going on. Hoping I can get new male to male fittings for the pump and cylinder and make these lines work.
Heliarc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heliarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 1:16pm
Got new lines made at the NAPA and same thing. I can tighten them with a fair degree of grunt and I push on the 90 degree steel line, they come loose easily. Can anyone tell me exactly what sort of fittings were used on the Allis? I'm starting to wonder if my only choice is to have the shop crimp new lines on to my old fittings somehow.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 2:07pm
OK maybe try this site....
and see if you can get a 'service' or 'parts' manual.... it may list the actual fittings on the lines...
I can't understand how TWO shops can screwup so bad....they just need to look and measure the fittings. I've got a B-112 here but too dang hot for me to drag outta th ebarn,crawl under, undo lines and look at them BUT...if you get totally frustrated I can do it WHEN it cools down( next week). If you were clsoe to me, you could have the lines....
sigh..
two shops ,both screwup....
it really sounds like 38* fittings and 45* fittings mismatch... they'll never seal. heck even I can see they don't fit properly without my bifocals....

this might be correct...
https://www.partstree.com/parts/simplicity/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/b-112-2029900-allis-chalmers-b-112-garden-tractor-12hp/hydraulic-lift-group/

looks like 'simpliicity # 157209' is the adapter on the cylinder. I saw some on Ebay, zoomed and they look like 45* fittings

perhaps the 3rd shop will do it right....I KNOW local 'Princess Auto' can make them,

I'd remove the 'adapter' fitting from the cylinder and take it to the 'shop'. Thay way THEY can SEE why I'M so dang frustrated !!!! arrrrrgh....

Jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 05 Jul 2019 at 2:18pm
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic