This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'67 AC D17; PTO Lever Vibrates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '67 AC D17; PTO Lever Vibrates
    Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 3:33pm
Everybody,

I'm new here and have searched but can't seem to find this particular problem in the forum. Please excuse me if it's already covered. If so please point me in the right direction, otherwise, read on.

I have a 1967 D17 Diesel, it's in great condition, except for the PTO engage lever. When I try to push it forward it vibrates so hard it feels like it's gonna break my arm. It actually vibrated hard enough to bend the lever already. The funny thing is it doesn't do this when there is no load attached, then it moves like hot butter. But as soon as my bushhog or grass finisher is attached it shakes like all getout. Once it's past a certain point it runs fine, but I'm worried the lever is gonna break. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 3:48pm
I'm not trying to a smart a$$ when I ask this question---are you pushing in
on the foot clutch when you are engaging the PTO lever.  If not, it would do what it sounds like it's doing.  Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
BunnyGoat View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 3:57pm
That's ok not offended, yeah it does it with the foot clutch in or not.

den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 5:44pm
You may need to move this to or repost in the farm equipment section
to get some more answers.  You're in the garden tractor section which
I always check out but some do not.  Just trying to help.  Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
BunnyGoat View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 5:48pm
OH! Good to know, thanks. I guess I thought I was..., well never mind. Thanks Den.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic