This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

645 payloader rim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 645 payloader rim
    Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 7:19pm
So, been working on the 645 payloader, trying to get er going again. Before the engine blew, one tire had a slow leak, so since it's been down the tire went flat. We did block up the payloader to keep the tire off the ground. Now that we are working on getting it going again, we took the tire to a tire shop to get it fixed. They came back to us with saying that the back bead seat band is warped, so they don't think that it'll hold air, and also the lock ring is sprung out of shape, so they don't trust it. This is what they called a five piece rim, and takes a 25 inch tire. Thought that the tire shop would be able to head me in the right direction to maybe get these two parts new, but they couldn't. About all they said was that it wasn't an allis chalmers specific rim, most likely made by another company, for many different brands of payloaders. Wondering if anyone here has any insight for me on it. I haven't really tried anywhere yet, like minn parr, or any place for used. Thanks, Darrel
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 7:03am

FYI an interesting article about the Allis 645 Wheel Loader

G

https://contractormag.co.nz/contractor/645-loader/
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 9:38am
Very interesting, Gary. Thank you for sharing that!
Darrel
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 11:36am
You will have to get same bolt count,bolt circle and offset. Sure they are out there but finding could be a trick.Seen JD that had less lugs but the rest the same. Case is close....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 5:12am
I really don't need the whole rim; just the inner bead seat ring and the locking ring
Darrel
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 6:35am
Try General Gear. They are a salvage yard in Idaho..

Just went and looked on their website. They have a 645-B parts machine in the yard.

Edited by truckerfarmer - 20 Feb 2023 at 6:46am
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

Try General Gear. They are a salvage yard in Idaho..

Just went and looked on their website. They have a 645-B parts machine in the yard.

Thanks. Was just searching salvage yards; wasn't sure where to start. Now I know.
Darrel
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:02pm
It is the same rim used currently by Komatsu on some models  i had to get one for my 645 and that is what the tire shop told me, the need the bolt circle measurement and the size of the pilot hole, when they searched those two dimensions the first rim they came up with had the same back set a mine.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:59pm
That's good to know, Amos. I haven't had any luck yet, general gear only had one of the pieces that I need. But just the other day I was looking through a local online classifieds site, and seen someone selling parts off a Komatsu loader. Ad said that he had two rims left, were 20 X 25, like I need. I saved the ad, because the thought kept going through my head, "I wonder how close to the same that would be?" Thanks, Darrel
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 9:33pm
Darrel, do you have a cat dealership near you. They have a large salvage lot close to Minneapolis. Take your parts to them and ask. I got a lot of loader rims and used tires off them when I had my tire shop. Usually got the parts the next day or so.
Hyperpack View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyperpack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:34am
Do You still need rim parts for Your loader?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic