This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

611 LTD 5 Speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 611 LTD 5 Speed
    Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:57am
HI, I'm Restoring a 611Ltd and having trouble with the pulley for the clutch belt idler Simplicity Part #168515SM pulley not sure witch way the mounting bracket goes on so pulley will not hit side frame. I tried different ways but can not get it to work. I just have the parts Diagram. May pulley has a O.D of 4". Dose anyone have a service manual for a 611LTD 5 Speed??? Any ideas on what is wrong.

Thank You
Rod in MN
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:12pm
does it have any thing to do with or possibly the wrong belt ?
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 8:10pm
It could be but in number crossed over to this one. Checked it with the old belt it was a little shorter. I was thinking of the pulley to big I can not find the old pulley it must of got thrown out when I cleaned up some. I have been looking for a service manual online or if someone can copy the pages for clutch adjustment

Thanks
Rod
RickM(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickM(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 5:17pm
Rod, Here is Page 23 from my 611LTD Operator's Manual. Is the clutch idler you are asking about covered in Figure 23? Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else. Rick M.

Missouri Allis Chalmers Club Member; 1954 WD45 (NF), 611LTD & 811GT Lawn Tractors
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 9:24pm
Rick M, Yes that is the pulley I was talking about. When I step the clutch down it will hit the frame the pulley size is 4". Also the clutch rod spring gap is more then what the book calls for.    

When I started restoring it I took picture of everything I forgot to take picture of under the tractor I was not thinking .

Thank You
Rod in MN
RickM(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickM(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 10:07am
Rod, With the clutch rod spring gap adjusted according to the book does the pulley still hit the frame? If so, let me know and I will measure the pulley on mine to see what diameter it is and also try to get a picture from underneath. I have the snow blower on mine now so it may be difficult to get a picture but I will give it a try. Rick
Missouri Allis Chalmers Club Member; 1954 WD45 (NF), 611LTD & 811GT Lawn Tractors
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 2:02pm
Rick M, Yes with the clutch rod adjusted the pulley hit's the frame. The belt should be 90" long so I was going to take it out and check the Length of the belt the pulley is 4" in diameter

Thanks
Rod

RickM(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickM(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 12:54pm
Rod, The pulley on mine is 4" diameter also. So I agree, the problem on yours may be the belt.
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 1:48pm
Rick, Thanks for checking. I will try a shorter belt

Thanks Rick

Rod in MN
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 12:41pm
Rick.. Could I have the brake rod and clutch rod switched around Just Thinking Book dose not say how long each rod in? Thanks
Rod
RickM(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickM(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 12:17pm
Rod, I took another look at the brake and clutch rods on my 611LTD. Both rods appear to be about the same length. The main difference I see is that the brake rod on mine has a slight bend in it to clear a bracket from the fender / frame to the transaxle.   So it may be possible that you have your brake and clutch rods switched around. Here are a couple pic's of mine. See the small arrows and notes showing where the brake rod is bent.

Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 7:46pm
Rick... I went out and looked at mine it all looks like yours. Looks like your pulley sets more to the center of the tractor. My brake and clutch rods are the same as yours. I going to try a longer belt then my pulley will over away from the frame. On the clutch rod slides through a sleeve is the long end towards the rear of tractor?

Thanks
Rod
RickM(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickM(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 6:55pm
Rod, Here are three pic's of the clutch rod sleeve. If I understand your question, the long end of the sleeve fits inside the spring. The spring is towards rear of tractor. Do you have a spring with ID big enough for the sleeve to fit inside?

Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 8:24pm
Rick...That is what I was looking for. I have the spring on backwards. I will switch it and maybe try a longer belt so my pulley will more towards the center of tractor like in yours.
Thanks
Rod
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic