This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$500 GMC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $500 GMC
    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:16pm
Well my propane fueled $500 truck is far from that price now. Used bed is on, new floor on that and PTO is installed on transmission(Allison Auto). As it stands I have some odd wiring to complete, get the Hyd Pump mounts squared up and the pump set up with a drain point then install. Hoses, PTO shaft, hyd. oil and should be operational enough to stand a State Inspection to license it.

Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 12:20am
Nice work, what are ya gonna use it for?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:57am
yep...gittin to look real good!
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 9:07am
Picked up four of those HD jackstands used years ago, easy to use and hell for stout.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
Neighbors all still row crop to some extent, going to offer it as a aid when their crops come in and use it for my little bit of farming. May see only one or two tanks of fuel a year!!

Edited by DMiller - 28 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:53pm
Lookin good! Yer still going to have a quality truck when done at a much reduced price  compared to one off the lot.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:57pm
Very nice! I had a propane powered 351 77 Ford F100 before and I loved it. 

I'm falling more in love with old stuff again. My new emission motored dump truck has me so depressed it has made me hate all things new.

So I just went backwards and bought another older pickup that I can actually work on, and now I seriously want to get implements for my CA and start using it over my new tractor.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:58pm
Post more pics when she's done!
bakwoodsfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bakwoodsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 6:54pm
LOVE THE PROPANE TRUCKS!!! cheaper to buy and operate. I have 2 grain dumps and a nurse truck on propane. Great job on the bed.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 5:50am
Well so far so good but more work to do. Was odd seeing that the frame was up a little to the right rear found there is an extra 2 leaves in that spring and a riser block under the left rear so measured u-bolts to replace those on it and drop the excess leaves and that spacer. Got to looking a little deeper, are FOUR leaves added Right Front and a massive spacer left front so will be ordering u-bolts there too.

Truck was at one time a beer wagon, drop frame and all, suspicion is they had it set up as a rolling keg deliverer where curb side delivery was optimum and elevated that side for deliveries to happen off the Right side specifically. Have seen such conversions before just never had to deal with remnants before!!

Hoist up!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 10:56am
Looking good!

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:05am
All my PTO trucks had the pumps bolt right on the gear box. I didn't know they were still using driveshafts in between the two.

Must be just for the tilt bed trucks?

Edited by Les Royer - 06 Nov 2018 at 11:07am
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 12:03pm
Simple old divorced pump setup, most all the older grain bodies around here are that way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic