This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4x4 Econoline Van ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4x4 Econoline Van ?
    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:36pm
I've seen "several" (4) 250/350 vans in the past 7 years that were 4x4, but looked aftermarket ? Perhaps I was mistaken as I've seen 2 in the last week LOLLOL. Was this a Ford factory option on these chasis ?? 
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:53pm
All FORD Econoline 4 x 4 vans were AfterMarket. ............ 3-4 different manufacturers.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:00pm
Thanks,. From my understanding, the Econoline body style is gone ?? Did/does Ford -any van manufacturer- offer 4x4 on their chasis ?
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:41pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 7:28pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:40pm
a local fellow i knew used to order a new 4x4 Ford 3/4 ton van about every 3 years. his company built concrete silos and grain bins. he said when ever they would go out in the sandhills to build anything he would hafta trade that van off because the sand would get into the drivetrain and grind it all down. he had several thru the years.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:43am
I thought you only needed a 4x4 van if your girlfriend was married. Wink LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:38pm
When I owned the tire shop, we did oil changes too. 2 of our customers had them. The style they had made it a real pain to change oil. We changed oil while the folks waited and you always got burnt. And they had a lot of mechanical problems with them.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:24pm
I don't know Tom, I ran a '95 Dodge 1500 4x4 with a 5.2, that oil change wasn't the easiest/cleanest Wink. The current 5.4 Ford  SD (4x4) that I change oil in now is a BREEZE compared to that Smile !!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:03pm
There is an article in the latest Construction Equipment Magazine about Ford offering 4X4 vans.  I've seen some Mercedes Sprinter vans set up with 4 wheel drive, don't know if they are factory or not.  The newer Dodge vans are front wheel drive so putting a drive axle on the back would be pretty easy but I don't know that they do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic