This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

416 garden tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 416 garden tractor
    Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 10:07am
This is my first post in the garden tractor section of the forum, so if I discuss something that has already been beat to death, please forgive me. Anyhow, I just bought a 416 allis garden tractor, very cheap, with a locked up engine. Rest of the machine is in pretty nice shape. I am thinking that I should just find an engine that is good, and swap it into there. It's a 16 horse Kohler. Any information that will benefit me on this venture would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Darrel
Sponsored Links

ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 10:37pm
If you get another Kohler 16 (K341) make sure it has the same diameter and length crankshaft and that the block has the same oil pan configuration. Some Cubs and Deere tractors used that engine but the blocks were different and the pans won't swap on some of them.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
bamaboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 4:47am
I too, just bought one, a new 20hp Predator engine from Harbor Freight. They have them for like $699, plus you can get a 20% off coupon, sometimes 25%. I haven't heard a lot about them good or bad, I work with a guy that does small engine repair and he says they do what they're supposed to do. The only thing is my rear PTO doesn't work with it, I haven't had the chance to really look at it to figure out why. But I knew it going in, I love the 60" cutting deck, it runs off the front PTO, Rear is 2000rpms so it's not just any implement that will work with that, I just want to pull a plow and trailer so I'm good.
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by bamaboy bamaboy wrote:

I too, just bought one, a new 20hp Predator engine from Harbor Freight. They have them for like $699, plus you can get a 20% off coupon, sometimes 25%. I haven't heard a lot about them good or bad, I work with a guy that does small engine repair and he says they do what they're supposed to do. The only thing is my rear PTO doesn't work with it, I haven't had the chance to really look at it to figure out why. But I knew it going in, I love the 60" cutting deck, it runs off the front PTO, Rear is 2000rpms so it's not just any implement that will work with that, I just want to pull a plow and trailer so I'm good.

Sounds like your tractor is a 616 or 620? The 416 is a much smaller tractor, different design.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
bamaboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 5:06am
Please excuse my ignorance, I'm learning Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic