This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

301 in AC 7060 chassis.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 301 in AC 7060 chassis.
    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:56am
Hey guys it's me again with another repower project. My last one was a 433ti in a D 19 chassis. I'll spare most the gruesome details of why I'm doing this. But I've got 3 7060s 2 good 670 engines and one with spun bearings, bad cylinders, bad head ect,ect. But I also have an excellent running 301 from a gleaner. I'm guessing around 130hp, as I'm not sure wich moddle combine it came from. I'm wondering what I will need to make this engine work in the 7060 chassis? Other than fuel pump linkage/electric on off, cooling hoses, and ac compressor mount what are the major problems I will face while attempting this repower one of my biggest questions being with the torque converter/ flywheel. Will I need to get one from a 7020 or will the one off of the 670 work on the 301 I see that agco has 2 different part numbers from the 7020 and 7060, however aftermarket companies sell the same one through out the series...??? I'm pretty new to this series, up until last year the 190XT III was our biggest and youngest tractor on the farm. So any info would be helpful. Thank You.
Sponsored Links

exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:11am
You're going to be chasing parts since it is not a 301 to 301 swap. May as well put the effort in to a Cummins or 466
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:26pm
Is the d19 done we want pictures
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:12pm
I wouldn't waste my time doing that to give up 125 cubes and 75 or so horse.  Fix one of the 670s and put that in.
AaronSEIA
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:50pm
A 301 will be hurting in that heavy machine,,
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:04pm
Correct me if im wrong but wouldn't that just make it a 7010 or 20. Other than the 60 rear end having a 4 pinion differential.
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 4:19am
Guess that's true, just have to match implements
Fat albert View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 5:51am
We did this once. It took the torque limiter/flywheel from a 7010/7020 and also rear engine plate.but the tractor had a bad dt466 when we bought it and we had the combine 301 around.
OhKen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:22am
Did you save the components to put the 466 in the 7060 ?
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:52am
I had a feeling every one would criticize the drop in hp and why I'm doing what I'm doing. So, from the start. I have 3 complete 7060s, 2 670 engines that are getting valves replaced in the heads. And the 3rd one needs 4 to $5000 in parts and machine work needless to say not worth it.I also only have 2 implements that I need 7060 hp a 6 18 plow and a 24ft field cultivator my disc is only 11ft it's got 21 inch blades on it so it takes around 100hp to pull, but honestly it would be over kill for me to have 3 180hp tractors, its over kill to have 2 really. I need a cab tractor to hook up to my snow blade, 7ft woods mower, 4 row pull behind row cultivator, disc, basically wanting a cab tractor to replace our open station 190 that will be comparable in fuel economy because the 7060 is not and I know from experience that a 7020 is, we blame the quarter gallon an hour difference from the 190 on the air conditioner (absolutely worth it) using my disc as the test implement. And I have the 301 sitting in my shed with fresh rebuilt pump just itching to power something.    My brothers main tractor is a 7020 he loves it he's got a small patch about 20 acres that he pulled the 24ft field cultivator over not clay ground but hilly and it did fine idk were everyone thinks that it's too heavy for 135 hp is the gear ratio different from 7020 to 7060? And that brings me back to the torque converter my brother put his on a plunger bailer (like I said we're new to the series didn't know you couldn't do that) so he had to replace the limiter, but in his research we found that agco has different part numbers from 7010 to 7080. all aftermarket companies sell the same part through out the series. What is the difference? if after market companies sell the same part, my guess would be that the dimensions are the same but the one they used on the 670 was built stronger inside to take the extra hp? Aftermarket companies only offer the big one??? Am I wrong about that? And if I'm not you wouldn't want to put an ACGO 301 limiter on a 670 but why can't I use the 670 limiter on the 301? Other than the mounting plate any other parts you guys can think of that I am over looking that can't be swapped/fabricated.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:23am
Did you catch the walk around video I put on here it's a you tube link. I haven't got it much farther than that, this year hasn't been a walk in the park for any of us farmers and I haven't had the time to put the finishing touches on it. I hope to have it done by spring with the exception of a paint job. But I used it all year it's a great addition to our fleet any one who likes the d series should built one. It's fun and easy to drive and it's a head Turner. That 433 screams when you open it up and the 3 point hitch makes the D19 a fully functional fuel friendly tractor. Once I get the live hydraulics hooked up it will be all the way there. it gets better fuel economy than a wd raking hay and better fuel economy pulling the disc than our 190xt. Only problem is the PTO ratio being off due to the high rpms of the 433 I don't really se a solution either, so not good for bailing, or anything you need peak horsepower at the PTO. Was excellent for the 800 cyclo corn planter though, can stop with the hand torque with out cutting off the air.
OhKen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:36am
Good for you , I like people that can think outside the box ! Sounds like your the type of guy trying to be resourceful . Using what you have to be efficient . And for all you purist on this site , sounds like to me he's just taking a page out of the Allis Chalmers archive book ! RC comes to mind . Which model WC got a B engine ! Keep being resourceful !

Edited by OhKen - 21 Nov 2019 at 12:01pm
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:55am
A 301 in the 7060 would be just fine as long as you took out a lot of the ballast that a 7060 would normally be carrying. A 301 in a 15000# tractor will be lazy. The 7010/7020 also have lighter wheel castings, and other items I'm sure, but utilizing what you have should be a nice upgrade from the 190. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:20pm
I understand what your doing and never meant critazizm, I automatically thought , dang that's a heavy tractor for a 301, but no weights and normal running - and now understanding the stuff you have around Id be doing the same thing ! Good luck with this project !
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:10am
The 7020 also has an inter cooler to help the 301 make more hp efficiently. I like my 7020, just need to keep the rpm's high to keep the power.
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 9:40am
Criticize isn't the word I should have used, question my decision sounds less offensive. Haha It's easy to sound like that through text but was not my intentions.

I will be running it with no ballast, book says a dry 7060 weighs #15,600 and a ballasts 7020 weighs #16,600 I'm guessing that's weighed with fluid in the front tires too. But minus the little bit of engine weight I'll be a little over #1000 lighter than a ballasts 7020. Plus the hardest work this tractor will see is a 5 bottom 16in plow, That we usually pull with the 190.

Does any one have any more info on the torque limiter. I'll be starting this project on Monday I guess I'll figure out myself at that point but I'd just like your guys input on the aftermarket using same part number. I want to believe I can use the one I got pretty bad... I wanna make sure I'm not over looking something small that will cause a catastrophic failure down the road. Or am I just completely off base here.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 11:32am
I have not looked the parts up to see what is what but I would think they would have all used the same pressure plate so the limiter should be the same dementions. If aftermarket list one size fits all go with it. I think OEM were 4 pad and most aftermarket are 6 but the argument is 4 pad has more clamp force than 6. Not much help am I?
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 11:35am
I think the torque limiters are all the same now. They did make improvements over the years, and it seems the lower hp tractors came with a lighter duty one. The heavy duty one will fit any of them I do believe. You'll need a 7010/7020 rear engine plate, starter, and flywheel, the rest can be fabbed up I think. 

Edited by injpumpEd - 23 Nov 2019 at 11:36am
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 4:06pm

AC literature shows the 7020 16 speed Power Director tractor at 11,400 lbs with no extra ballast and the 7060 20-speed Power Director at 12,000 lbs. Both had 18.4 x 38 8 ply rear tires and 11.00 x 16 front. So there's only 600 lbs difference in them to begin with.

Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 8:02am
Thanks for the info guys. I'll keep this project updated. Let everyone know what I find out haha.
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:33pm
Do you have any info or picures of the 433 in D-19. How did you do steering? We have a D19 Diesel with tired engine, and thought about a 301 in it, but others say it won't work because of steeringwith narrow front and has a picker also.

5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:43am
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I don't know about the 301 in the D19 chassis. I would imagine you would have to extend the rails a little, or mabey just move there radiator forward to get it to clear the fan. The 433 had some room up front but I don't think enough to fit 2 more cylinders. That would be my 1st measurements to check. But as far as the steering, I'm going to post a you tube link of a walk around video that explains what I did. I'm happy to share any knowledge ive got, so let me know if you got any more questions.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:49am
Update on the 301 project.... I've got the tractor split and 670 out but I'm still on the hunt for a flywheel and mounting plate for a 7020. If any one has any leads I would greatly appreciate it.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:54am
Originally posted by farmtoybuilder farmtoybuilder wrote:

Do you have any info or picures of the 433 in D-19. How did you do steering? We have a D19 Diesel with tired engine, and thought about a 301 in it, but others say it won't work because of steeringwith narrow front and has a picker also.

I'm going to start a new thread titled discussion on 433 in D19 chassis
twinsonfarm View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinsonfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 9:51am
Great, any pictures? 
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by twinsonfarm twinsonfarm wrote:

Great, any pictures? 

Of the D19 project or the 7060 project?
twinsonfarm View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinsonfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:01pm
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:04am
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:10am
Il get some picture on here tonight. I'm having troubles with it this morning.

The weather has allowed me to get through some custom combine work so I haven't been working in the shop this week. This weekend we got done rain Ann's snow coming so I'll be back at it.

https://i.vgy.me/HMkTpO.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic