This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1971 Fiat Allis 11b Rollers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 8:08pm
General Gear in Id ,Associated Tractor,or FP Smith in Calif may have something or know other places that could have them. They all deal in after market parts as well as parting some.
Sponsored Links

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 8:29pm
Fresno Tractor would most likely have used ones, in the east Crane and Tractor in Ohio for used or Boyd and Sons in Indiana for new ones.  Berco part number AC1839 (Allis 70680950) for bottom, AC1537 for top.  I bought some used last year from Kansas Tractor Parts, Great Bend KS.  You can also search these part numbers on MachineryTrader under Dismantled Machines- that has been a very useful page for me in the past.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 11:25pm
40 plus years ago a friend took me on a tour of the Cat large tractor assembly plant in Peoria.  He pointed out some track pieces being made on one production line, said they where for JD.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 2:34am
I've no idea what the supply situation in US is but the case hardened old diesel mechanic I used pointed me away from Berco and to ITM.  So far no regrets.

Edited by Ian Beale - 22 Oct 2019 at 2:35am
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:03pm
Looks like good stuff Ian
hessfarm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hessfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 10:03pm
I didn't find anyone with new Berco even though some were showing on Machinery Trader. I did find some used at Thill Tractor in Wisconsin. Berco dealers I talked to didn't indicate they could get new ones.

Thank you,
Richard
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 6:22am
I spoke to a Berco and ITM supplier some three or four years ago, they stated then they could get the rails and rollers from overseas just had to order a complete inventory of them, told me they would NOT. Seems the aspect to force obsolescence is very high. Still loads of HD11Bs 7Gs & Gbs , enough IH Drott Dresser units still wearing 7.0 pitch they could afford to invest in inventory as for all the searching people would pay the price to keep their still good and functional machines working. Some Fiat FL units used a Metric based 7.0 or really close to it, even they are not imported.
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 5:03pm
Our track shop down here still imports the ITM or Berco rollers, sprocket segments, sprocket rings, pins and bushings, and some rails for HD6 and wet steer HD11. Considering the very small market in this corner of the world compared with the market where you all are, it doesn't seem right that someone is not making the effort to import them up there. They are obviously still being manufactured.
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 2:54am
Hi Mactractor do you have an approximate price for rollers and pins and bushes for HD11'?
thanks steve
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 4:47am
Steve

Have a look at this crew re ITM

The crew I dealt with (early 2000's) in Qld was "Hitachi something" and IIRC there was a name change later
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 5:58am
Fiat moved from Allis to Hitachi names while continuing the Fiat Allis dozer/Loader lines FL and FD Series machines retained the Fiat Allis appearance just changed Branding and colors. IIRC the FL10 had 7.0 rails series became the FL145? and as such carried a MM Rail close in dimension to 7.484/7.5, the FL14 used 7.484 rails but uncertain what series that became FL175? They also converted to Cummins Case engines. If the rails are still in the US for Fiathitachi and segments are still there could they be installed on the earlier machines?

Edited by DMiller - 01 Nov 2019 at 6:00am
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 4:40am
Steve, I will PM you when I can get some prices. HD6 Merv has been to that track shop more recently than my last visit. He may have some idea on recent prices.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic