This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1957 D14 & Implements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1957 D14 & Implements
    Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 8:28am

For sale is a 1957 Allis Chalmers D14.  Located in Edgerton KS.  Asking $3,300 OBO.  Send me a PM through the forum and I’ll provide a phone number for questions etc..    

Pictures can be seen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/d1okz7rmgmfzoayb8wdwe/AIIRrkl4k0SXIzUEdhMhn98?rlkey=rn4o8emy76h9yugdtdjrl308y&st=d9pp0gfb&dl=0

The Good

It’s a very early D14, S/N-1496, it’s the 496th D14 off the line.  Norms book lists SN 1001-9399 for 1957.  It has all the expected early unit traits such as, WD steering wheel, orange grill, old style decals, small bullet taillights, short PTO lever, and 6V positive GND generator.

Tractor is very original and has a great work clothes look, too nice to repaint.

The starter went out so I had it professionally rebuilt by ‘Steve in NJ’, a prominent forum member, into a 12V starter (new bearings, fields, armature, Bendix, blast & paint).  I also got a 12V conversion kit & wiring harnesses from ‘Steve in NJ’.  I installed all of it forward of the big stick and have the rest for you.  Kit consists of new lights, fuses, wiring harnesses, alternator, switches, gauges, etc… it’s an excellent kit.  I’ve also fixed some other stuff like the gas gauge, cleaned the tank, cleaned the air filter screening, various gaskets etc…

https://bb-customcircuits.com/services

The rear tires are 14.9x26 and like new, they are ~1/3 full of fluid.

The front tires are 5.5x16 and like new.

Everything works well except what’s noted below.  Power adjust wheels, front axle adjust, the big stick, PTO, hydraulics, lights, doesn’t jump out of gear… all work.   

I have the original parts I took off when converting to 12V; the generator, lights, some gauges.  I also have some replacement parts too like valve cover, head, and oil pan gaskets etc…

I have a 5’ pull behind brush hog, it works fine but the tires are shot.

I have the AC grader blade, the adjustments are all free and it’s in good shape.

I have the WD farm crane with a good hook on it and the ‘lift bars’ that came with it.  The lift bars are for the WD but not needed on the D14.

I have the drawbar as well and snap coupler latches.

The accessories go with the tractor unless the buyer doesn’t want them then I’ll list separately.

The Bad

The tachometer does not work.  I opened it and there are pictures. Its not currently installed. 

The power director leaks around its shaft going into the tractor.  I’ve read this is due to a failing O-ring that can be replaced by splitting the tractor.  This is why I haven’t installed the wiring harness for the rear of the tractor yet.  I’ve also read you can replace it without splitting by reaching in through an inspection plate if you know what you’re doing.

In 2016 I noticed a bit of coolant running down the back of the engine block below the head gasket after mowing.  I parked it after that planning to investigate and it’s been sitting since.  No exhaust bubbles or oil seen in the radiator.  The radiator is still full after sitting for 8 years.  I changed the oil last week and captured the initial oil in a jar, there is a bit of coolant in it, see pic.  That’s the coolant that entered the oil over 8 years.  I did a compression test Cylinder 1=125, 2=100, 3=110, 4=123lbs.     

The Ugly

The rear right fender has a small dent on the back side of it, see pic.

The radiator cover has a small dent on the top, see pic.

There is a rust hole in the tool box but the fender seems fine.

That's all the dents and rust that I'm aware of, it's in really good shape.

Edited by Steve79 - 03 Sep 2024 at 11:52am
Sponsored Links

Steve79 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 7:13am
Bump
Steve79 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2024 at 11:53am
BTT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic