This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1950 B PTO rear seal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMeisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1950 B PTO rear seal
    Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:04pm
Hello - I was leaking oil from the pto shaft on my B. I ordered a new seal, pulled ot the old one and pressed in the new one, but I'm concerned that this is not the right part. The one I removed is heavy. Steel on both sides. Marked "National 50135 S". The one I put in didn't make a good friction fit. It's in but not tight. I pressed it in with my fingers. And it's "hollow" on the backside. Evey site comes back with this same hollow seal. Where can I find an "original" replacement. I'm worried that the hollow one is going to slide right out when I engage the PTO. I can't find any discussion on this topic, but anyone replacing this seal must have had the same problem? Thanks for any tips.   If I was able to figure it out, I've attached pictures of my old seal and a picture from an online site of the hollow-side of my new one.
Sponsored Links

WMeisner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMeisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:06pm
WMeisner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMeisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:07pm
WMeisner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMeisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:07pm
I'm not doing this right - it wouldn't take three pics at once so I loaded the other two as replies. sorry

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:35pm
is the new one 471192?  thats what it crosses to

Inches

Shaft

Bore

OD

Width

Edited by CAL(KS) - 29 Jul 2016 at 2:36pm
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Leon n/c AR. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon n/c AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:36pm
If you pushed it the seal in housing with your fingers it is too loose. I would say you need to coat the pto housing with locktite then coat outside of seal also then install and let it set 24 hours, then I think you would be o k. Leon
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 7:51pm
Your question of finding the identical seal to the old one: you won't. The old type leather seal are only found in NOS and that stock is very depleted.  Also if you PTO shaft has spirals on it, the new seals will leak. The new style "lip" seals MUST HAVE a smooth surface to seal.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
WMeisner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMeisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 5:48am
The new one says that it's for AC B with the 1-3/8" shat, and that it replaces 450135-1, 70230608, and 70224810. Thanks for the thought on the locktite. I may try that to get some mowiing done until my next new seal coms in. I spoke to a nice, very knowledgable woman at one o the sponsors ("we know orange") who has one that she described as having "steel on both sides" probably not as heavy as the one I removed, but not a hollow pice of sheet-metal like my replacement. It's on the way. The one I pulled out had remnants of orange paint on it, so maybe original? It looks like rubber inside, not leather, but - ?   Replaces Part Numbers: 70241779, 450135-I, 70230608, 70224810re
WMeisner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMeisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 8:09pm
The one I got from the nice lady at Sandy Lake Implement is marked: 410135RRR. it's much heavier that the first replacement I got. steel on both sides and a double-lip. I had to tap it in - like I should have to do. Pics attached...
WMeisner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMeisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 8:11pm
WMeisner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMeisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 8:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic