This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT
    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 5:12pm
Just about what does a 190XT with cab, more than likely loaded rear tires weigh?  I'm hoping I can haul it with my bumper hitch trailer.  Trailer is rated for 9,999lbs, I think the trailer weighs about 2k leaving me 8k.  It's about a 50 mile ride, if it's too heavy I either have to rent a gooseneck (truck is set-up for it, ram dually) or drive it home.  It is supposed to run, needs batteries and fresh diesel fuel.  Might just enjoy the drive home if it runs good.

I picked this, a 3-point snow-blower and an old john deere on steel.  Don't know much about weed green antiques but she's an old one for sure, made before the A and Bs.  I plan on putting the weed green and an old unstyled WC nose to nose and put a pair of bull horns on each in a stand-off... LOL, yard art.
1955 WD45 S#205467, 190XT #6652 DXT
Sponsored Links

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 5:23pm
sounds like your truck should handle it. Trailer,----well kinda light but would probably make it, take it slow and dont set any speed records on the way home!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
TOM (NE) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOM (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 5:35pm
According to TractorData website, here is the weight ranges for the tractor, Tom

Weight (operating):
7,675 lbs [3481 kg] (gas)

7,715 lbs [3499 kg] (LP gas)

7,945 lbs [3603 kg] (diesel)

Weight (ballasted):

11,300 lbs [5125 kg]

Wheelbase:
105 inches [266 cm]
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 5:37pm
Trailers a little light. Bare tractor is just shy of 8,000 lbs. I'm guessing with the cab and loaded tires your pushing 11,000
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 6:00pm
Drive it home. I drove my WD45 60 miles home. 4 hr and 1/2 tank of fuel.  Great entertainment. 
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 6:06pm
Put the truck on the trailer and pull it with the tractor that way if something happens you'll have the truck to go get what you need.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 7:10pm
I wouldn't advise trying to drive it that far! LOL---not if the fuel is stale and batteries are dead---might not even start! --- Haul that sucker!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

Put the truck on the trailer and pull it with the tractor that way if something happens you'll have the truck to go get what you need.

That brings back memories. Dad did not have a trailer so he made a tow bar to pull the pickup home with what he bought. I myself drove 2 1/2 hours in 7060 from an auction
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 7:43pm
A friend of mine drove his 2390 case about 180 miles when he bought it. I think it took a lot of beer for that trip cause he likes his beer and back roads! Wink
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
lowell66dart View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowell66dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 7:58pm
If it’s a well built trailer it will handle the weight. Your tires are the weak link. Air them up and go slow.
AC 6080 (8030,7060,200,175,D-17HC, 6040,160,6140 all gone) Farmall 1066 & 656 Hi-Clear (for sale), White 2-62 High Clearance, JD 4255 Hi Clear.
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 9:14pm
When I bought my D21 I went to the FIL for a ride to get it, we took his pickup because it had a hitch on it and then he could ride in the tractor with me. That is a memory I will never forget. It was only about 15 miles.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 10:07pm
In 1962 i drove a Wd 45 home on a Sunday afternoon 26 miles. Estate sale and the original owner kept it nice. Washed, waxed and covered in the shed. Just beautiful. $1600 was the bid by the way.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 11:06pm
I guess if you can afford a new trailer if something happens then go for it.  Personally, I would rent a trailer or hire someone.  I saw a couple ads on CL for hire.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 11:08pm
During the late winter of 2015, I bought my 7040 PS on a sunny day at a farm auction. A few days later, I began driving it 45 miles home. Into the later part of mile one, it’s PS dash light came on. While driving it, I called a local exAGCO dealer that I had patronized for many gleaner parts. Dealership had transitioned to Landoll tillage equipment. He let me park the 7040 on the south side of his full shop so I could change rear end oil & filters. The next day when I arrived with my bucket of 821 oil & filters, I found that an overnight blizzard had drifted 2’ snow under the tractor. Sun was shining again, so I scooped the snow away, laid down cardboard to lay on, & changed its oil & filters. Dealership owner & his Shop mechanics would come outdoors for breaks from assembling tillage equipment & talk old AC days with me. Owners Dad came along a little later too. He told me to make sure to roll in new crankshaft bearings every 3000 hours on the 426. Said they always did that & never had an issue.
Trans all done, I fired it up and drove it towards home thru snow drifted back roads some 40 miles. Cab heat felt great & it was a blast driving thru & over 3’ snow drifts with its 20.8-38 duals. i remember thinking that I wished I’d also bought a big rear blade cause I think I could of made some extra money cleaning snow out of some resident’s drifted driveways.

Edited by AC7060IL - 09 Apr 2020 at 11:10pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:51am
I drove a combine about 60 sum miles one day, it was fun!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:50am
It may make a little bit of difference to you that some of the weight of the tractor will be on the tongue of the trailer, thus transferring some of the tractor weight to the pickup. So if you are comfortable with 8 thousand pounds on the trailer, the tractor can still be over 8, and still have less than 8 on the trailer. Darrel
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 8:55am
Just for comparison, the first time I pulled Dad's 180 (1973), it weighed 9480 with loaded rear tires. I would expect a 190XT would be about a ton heavier.
My 7000, with empty rear tires and cab, weighed about 12,000 lbs.
IMHO, you need to look for a heavier trailer to haul it safely.
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 11:30am
If you know you have a good running tractor, drive it, I have done several caravans that were 250 miles plus, just have good weather.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:54pm
To me the 190 is way too big a tractor for any bumper hitch, or bumper hitch trailer. I know some of those are 14K, and one of those would work IF the truck hitch was the extra heavy 2-1/2" receiver style hitch. If it's got fluid, the back end will be so heavy, it'll lift the rear of the truck off the ground loading on the trailer. lol! Best would be safe and use a gooseneck, or drive it, but it'll be much better to haul it. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 1:59pm
If I can get her running, I will probably drive her home.  I figure I will drain the fuel tank, put in some fresh fuel, check oil and go from there.  A battery charger is being put on them today, we'll see how that goes.
Do Ya'll think I will have to purge the old fuel from the lines/pump/injectors to get her to fire up?  Been 4-5 years since she's been ran but has spent every night of her life in a barn when not in the field. 
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 2:42pm
You're a brave man to start out on a 50 mile trek, with a tractor that hasn't been run in a few years! I would definitely drain the fuel tank and flush it, then grease the front wheel bearings before leaving.
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 9:49pm
I will take it a short ride before handing over the cash to make sure every thing works, primarily the power divider and not a gear jumper.  I'm taking 2 freshly charged batts, oil/filter and fresh fuel.
Now the question, what oil filter number, type/amount engine oil, can I use the UTF I have in the hyd is low, type/weight drive-train gear oil (straight 90?).  And a couple tubes of grease and g/gun.  Seat cushions were shot so for the bouncy ride, a couple pillows.... LOL
I have seen it ran/used but was quite a while ago, belongs to a friend's dad that retired and went to nursing home.

Edited by NDBirdman - 10 Apr 2020 at 9:51pm
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:04pm
I would not even consider putting it on the bumper pull trailer you described, even if rears were not loaded, nor would I risk driving it that far if it has sat that long.
A couple hundred bucks to get someone to deliver it on a gooseneck (or borrow a 14K gooseneck) would be my suggestion.
FYI, low deck 14K gooseneck I have (PJ) is only 83" between fenders so I had to borrow a friends 34' tandem dually to bring my S3 home about 60 miles.
Why risk it either way?
Get her home so you can drain the fuel for the next burn pile, top off the fluids and drive it around after greasing the front end, see what gauges work, check the AF, the usual suspects you know to check, then go from there with fresh filters/fluids as she will be there to pick at with all your tools handy at your shop should something come up and she decides to lay down suddenly.
Naw, I would not drive it that far if it has been sitting.

And yes, we need pics when you get the ol' gal home . . . .
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 7:10am
Originally posted by TimNearFortWorth TimNearFortWorth wrote:

I would not even consider putting it on the bumper pull trailer you described, even if rears were not loaded, nor would I risk driving it that far if it has sat that long.
A couple hundred bucks to get someone to deliver it on a gooseneck (or borrow a 14K gooseneck) would be my suggestion.
FYI, low deck 14K gooseneck I have (PJ) is only 83" between fenders so I had to borrow a friends 34' tandem dually to bring my S3 home about 60 miles.
Why risk it either way?
Get her home so you can drain the fuel for the next burn pile, top off the fluids and drive it around after greasing the front end, see what gauges work, check the AF, the usual suspects you know to check, then go from there with fresh filters/fluids as she will be there to pick at with all your tools handy at your shop should something come up and she decides to lay down suddenly.
Naw, I would not drive it that far if it has been sitting.

And yes, we need pics when you get the ol' gal home . . . .

My experience is paying someone to move it is usually money well spent. I have a tri-axle trailer, but I often get a local guy with a rollback. He can winch it on and he is insured if something was to happen. He has made 100 mile pickups for me and $250 is the most I ever paid.
You will be surprised the problems that will spring up when a tractor has set for a few years (hoses, dried up seals, thermostat, etc.).

Edited by WF owner - 11 Apr 2020 at 7:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic