This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT injection pump questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT injection pump questions
    Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 5:44pm
My pump numbers are. DBGFC 637-9GR. 1523901. 4023219. I am going to be going through to clean inspect and reseal the pump. I have a thorough book on DB pumps and the closest data sheet in the book is a DBGFC 637-7GR with specs for a 2900 in a 545 loader application. It states pump should be timed to 20* BTDC. What is a 637-9GR timed at? Also what is acceptable for lift pump cam wear and lift pump spring wear? Also the pump is heavily rusted/gunked up what is the best cleaner for the pump parts once disassembled. Also the manual states to assemble with "calibrating oil" but does not provide what exactly it is. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 7:08pm
My advice is send it to an expert that has the tools, KNOWLEDGE, facility and proper parts to work on an injection pump.

There are a lot of things that I will tackle on my own, but if you are asking the questions you have asked about something as special as an injection pump, I personally think you are way over your head.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 8:10pm
Use clean #2 diesel fuel for assembly.                MACK
youngorange2000 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 8:54pm
I guess I should reword the question. What are the ID specs for the lift pump cam on my style of pump and at what tolerance does it need to be replaced? I have a tolerance spec for the blades but not the cam itself.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 8:59pm
There are some things that are an "automatic" replace whenever I go thru an injection pump. New blades/springs and transfer pump liner always. A new metering and delivery valve and spring and a seal kit would be next. If it ran before, it would probably run again, but with new parts I can be assured of many years of trouble-free service.

Edited by DrAllis - 11 Mar 2023 at 9:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic