This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 XT III diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190XT3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 XT III diesel
    Posted: 13 May 2012 at 2:02pm
tractor previously had set for long time. i have recently got the tractor out and discovered rust in the bottom of the fuel tank when i noticed i was not getting enough fuel flow to the injection pump. i have cleaned the tank with a pressure washer and flushed it out a couple of times and blown compressed air through all fuel lines and still do not have good fuel flow.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 3:12pm
First, remove both sediment glass bowls and throw away the screens. Second, remove the sediment bowl base from the bottom of the fuel tank and blow through the base because it may be plugged in the inlet hole from the tank. You may need to add 2 inch tall  standpipes to the base inlets to keep from plugging.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 4:34pm
I feel sorry for ya, im working on a 200 that set for a while and every seal and Oring on that thing is leaking, good luck
190XT3 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190XT3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 6:32pm
i have removed the bowl assemblies and blown comressed air threw them removed the screens. reconnected all lines and still have the same issue.
dscott View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 6:46pm
Is there a shut off valve and is it completely open? try leveing the fuel cap off while you check the flow(fuel tank may not be vented properly). If that doesn't help try starting at the fuel bowl check ful flow with the line off, if flow is good work toward the pump. Rmoving at each joint or fitting and rechecking flow.If the flow is low work backwards toward the tank.
dscott View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 6:48pm
How old is the fuel? Have seen old fuels get thick and slow moving.
dscott View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 6:49pm
Oops just noticed you had cleaned the tank, so fuel should be fresh. Sorry my bad.

Edited by dscott - 13 May 2012 at 6:50pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:36pm
Where are you checking your flow??? needs to be checked before the hand primer (not after) and maybe a half-full tank.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic